Support for ISpy plugin? (1 Viewer)

lang

Portal Member
December 25, 2006
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
hi there,

will there be support for the ISpy plugin? This is very nice plugin.
Im tested it with My IP Camera and In-build NTB Camera. It working fine.
I find this funkcion in MP long time.

Pls create support for this plugin.

Thanx very much and sorry for my bad English

Ota

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Maybe the developer added support himself, most likely a feature of the installer.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Indeed, seems like the installer will copy the needed file(s) to the skin directory.

Code:
                <FileItem InstallType="CopyFile" SystemFile="false" Modified="false">
                  <Param1 />
                  <UpdateOption>AlwaysOverwrite</UpdateOption>
                  <LocalFileName>\\KAHUNA2\Projects\iSpy\iSpyMP\iSpyPlugin\Skin\StreamedMP\ispy_cameras.xml</LocalFileName>
                  <ZipFileName>Installer{CopyFile}\{c964a595-dd79-4bcc-b573-92ce63229a51}-ispy_cameras.xml</ZipFileName>
                  <DestinationFilename>%Skin%\StreamedMP\ispy_cameras.xml</DestinationFilename>
                </FileItem>]/code]

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Rewriting this plugin at the moment as their latest sources (from 2012) are not used in the installer we have in the MPEI overview at least (missing skin files), also gonna add a new feature where if you select a camera it loads the image right away so you don't need to click on it every time.
    Maybe a grid view but haven't figured that one out yet, no .xmp2 in their repo so will have recreate that one.

Seem they dropped support for this plugin altogether which is a bit sad because iSpy makes very decent CCTV software.

// Update 1

Attached updated plugin which was build against Mediaportal 1.13 (.NET 4), also fixed a few annoying bugs and added error handling so that it doesn't crash Mediaportal when something unexpected happens.
    Also added a few improvements like loading video on selection and if you have restore last plugin on Mediaportal load enabled it will use the first default server (otherwise would be empty skin)
    StreamedMP skin is updated with proper alignments and easy up/down when you are in the bottom selection (record / off / on etc..).

// Update 2

Added basic 2x2 grid support (new button in server overview) using JPEG not Motion JPEG as with multiple streams that consumed too much memory and was rather buggy, uses hardcoded 1280x720 stream resolution but they will scale down just fine.

Place skin files:

C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP

Place .DLL file:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

Attachments

• ispy_streamedmp.zip
      3.7 KB
    • iSpyPlugin.zip
      47.4 KB
    • iSpyMP_Source.zip
      902.2 KB
    Last edited:

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey Rick, do you think you might be updating the iSpy plugin for madVR? I'll throw you a log if it helps :)

Rick164

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2006
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Ken,

With JPEG it should already work (2x2 grid view) but with MJPEG there might be some incompatibility as even with EVR could be a bit buggy :) , if you have the logs and error description will take a look.

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Hey, thanks Rick :) I'll see if I can get it going in JPEG. If not I'll send you a log. I've just setup a Kinect on the TV Server to watch the garden for wildlife. I'm waiting an IR light so we can hopefully catch the deer that pass by :)

kenwonders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 19, 2007
    Home Country
    England England
    Here we are. How would I change to JPEG? As the logs show, when I select the camera it is crashing MP with an error about MJPEG. Here's a log using EVR (but the latest madVR builds)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom