TBS: CI/CAM support and other improvements (1 Viewer)

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Does anyone know if the "up and coming" release of Mediaportal will support newer TBS cards
    Yes it will :)
    But not sure if it is 1.4 or 1.5 depend on when TVE3.5 is ready to go, sadly there are still some glitches and there are appearing from time to time some new... :(

Would be nice if TBS could work with the people that are responsible for the TBS cards to get this working
    Yes, mm and I worked together with TBS, but sadly mm took a break and I'm just a tester, no dev :/ But it is working already pretty good, also with CI :)

DennisOlof

Portal Member
    February 28, 2013
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    FreakyJ, well thats OK, even it it does not work 100% I guess it will eventually. Thanks for info on that, but it does seem that I will go for TBS6985 instead and use smartcard reader softcams. Seems a better choice for me as I do need two or more inputs for my system.

Last edited:

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi.

Does anyone know if the "up and coming" release of Mediaportal will support newer TBS cards, thinking about those with CI-slots etc. Would be nice if TBS could work with the people that are responsible for the TBS cards to get this working, after all it's just a standard CI-slot, and it does seem to work with a lot of CAMs out there, out of the box that they have tested.

It does seem TBS6991 don't support using one CAM plus card and feed that to both tuners option. If this is true or not I don't know.

Hi Dennis, I posted a list of cards with CI-Slot that should be supported, some weeks ago on this thread.

According to source code the tuner should be detected:

private static readonly string[] TunersWithCiSlots = new string[] { "TBS 5980 CI Tuner", "TBS DVBC Tuner", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6928 DVBS/S2 Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVB-T/T2 Tuner", "TBS 6618 BDA DVBC Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVBC Tuner" };
    Markus

as you can see from the source-code sample your TBS6991 should be supported.

As you could read in this thread, "official" support for TBS-Cards will be added not before MediaPortal 1.4 or MediaPortal 2.
    If no other person will do it, I will try to post patches for the actual release of MediaPortal to work with TBS-Cards.

The stability of my TBS-Cards with MediaPortal is good. (So I can recommend it)

amazonic^

Portal Member
    April 2, 2007
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i read everything in this thread.. but i think i´m too stupid... i have no idea what exactly i had to copy to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

First Version 2.0 then the patch from 1.3 Beta ? and after that the TbsCIapi.dll from tbs Homepage ?

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Step by step guide to add CI support for TBS cards to MediaPortal.
    (for people with [at least a little] programming experience)

Step1: Download and install Microsoft Visual Studio (www.microsoft.com/express -> “Express for Windows Desktop”)
    Step2: Download MediaPortal SourceCode from GitHub. (https://github.com/MediaPortal/MediaPortal-1/tree/Release_1.3.0)
    ->Click on the button “ZIP” to download the source-code and extract it to your harddisk.
    Step3: open the downloaded source code with Visual Studio by opening the file : …\TvEngine\TVLibrary\TvLibrary.sln
    Step4: In solution-explorer open “Library”->”TvLibrary”->”Implementations”->”DVB”->”ConditionalAccess”. (If solution explorer is not already open, it can be opened using menu: “View”->Solution Explorer (or keyboard-shortcut: Ctrl+Alt+L))
    Step5: Do a right-mouse-click on “ConditionalAccess” in the context-menu select “Add”->”New Folder” and name it “Turbosight”.
    Step6: drag&drop the attached file “Turbosight.cs” (inside Visual Studio) on the folder “Turbosight” which you created in Step5.
    Step7: replace “Library”->”TvLibrary”->”Implementations”->”DVB”->”ConditionalAccess”->”ConditionalAccess.cs” with the attached file.
    Step8: drag&drop the attached file “DvbConditionalAccess.cs” to “Library”->”TvLibrary.Interfaces”.
    Step9: replace “Library”->”TvLibrary.Interfaces”->”Implementations”->”Channels”->DVBSChannel.cs with the attached file.
    Step10: Compile the project. (eg. By right-mouse-click on “Library” -> “Build”)
    Step11: Close Visual Studio, stop TVServer-windows-service and copy “../TvEngine3/TvLibrary/TVLibrary/bin/Debug[or Rlease]/TvLibrary.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll to your MediaPortal TVServer directory. also copy TBSCiApi.dll from the attached file to the TVServer-directory.

Attachments

• MediaPortal_TBSPatch_Source.zip
      188.3 KB
    Last edited:

Markus1980Wien

Portal Member
    August 28, 2012
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    i read everything in this thread.. but i think i´m too stupid... i have no idea what exactly i had to copy to

C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server

First Version 2.0 then the patch from 1.3 Beta ? and after that the TbsCIapi.dll from tbs Homepage ?

Step by Step Guide to add CI Support to TBS-Cards (for normal users [=no source-code changes necessary]).

Step1: Download and Install MediaPortal 1.3. (no need to install MediaPortal 2.0)
    Step2: (Stop MediaPortal if it is running)
    Step3: Stop windows service "TVService" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_service)
    Step4: make a backup of TVLibrary.dll and TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll (located in "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" folder)
    Step5: copy the 3 Files from the ZIP file to "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" folder
    Step6: copy the TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll also to the "Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal" folder
    Step7: Start the windows service "TVService".

TBS-Cards should be supported by MediaPortal also without this patch, but this patch will add CI-support for the following TBS-Cards:
    "TBS 5980 CI Tuner", "TBS DVBC Tuner", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6991 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner A", "TBS 6992 DVBS/S2 Tuner B", "TBS 6928 DVBS/S2 Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVB-T/T2 Tuner", "TBS 6618 BDA DVBC Tuner", "TBS 5880 DVBC Tuner"

if you encounter problems please check the log files, they can normall be found in the hidden folder:
    "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log\tv.log"
    [Especially check all lines with the word "Turbosight"]

Also, if you enconter problems decrypting channels, check if they are crypted with CI or CI+. [the main difference between CI and CI+ is copy-protection, with CI+ the provider can add usage-rules-informations:
    with CI+ the following can be done by broadcasting organisations
    * deny of recording a TV-program.
    * deny of fast-forward (deny of skip ads)
    * date of expiry (recordings cannot be watched after a date defined by the broadcasting-organisation)
    * deny of timeshifting (totally, or only within a defined time period, eg. timeshift of max 90 minutes.)
    * signal is transmitted only to TVs/Monitors which support copy-protection(HDCP), [no analogue connected monitors]
    (geman Video where the drawbacks of CI+, and the difference to "normal" CI is explained:
    )
    Because a computer does not guarantee copy-protection as it is required for CI+, there is no certified-CI+ DVB-S or DVB-C card for a computer available)

Attachments

• MediaPortal_TBSPatch_Binary.zip
      373.3 KB

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey Markus1980Wien,
    first of all, thank you for all the work you put in this.
    I wanted to know, if this patched files bring some improvements to TBS cards without CI like the TBS 6891?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom