The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached. (1 Viewer)

karumba

October 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
hi,

the IP of my HTPC has changed & since then my mediaportal is not working anymore. i've tried many things i've found with the search function, but unfortunately nothing worked.
the mediaportal.log says:
Gentle.Common.GentleException: The database backend (provider MySQL) could not be reached.
Check the connection string: Server=192.168.1.101;Database=MpTvDb;User ID=root;Password=***;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=30; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Unable to connect to any of the specified MySQL hosts. ---> System.Exception: Eine Ausnahme vom Typ "System.Exception" wurde ausgelöst.

the reason that the mysql server could not be reached seems to be, that the refered server IP is the old (previous) server IP. in the MediaPortal.xml the server IP is the new (correct) one. i've also did a text-search for the old IP-adress on all files in the mediaportal directory & i also exported the mysql database & searched there for the old IP-adress, but nothing found.

do you have an idea? are there any other configuration options/files i might have missed? in other threads a gentle.config was mentioned - i don't have such a file. i'm using media portal 1.2.3.0
thanks in advance!

greetings from germany,
jan

Last edited:

karumba

October 28, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
i finally could solve the problem myself with this post:
https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/fixed-problems-after-change-of-router.113083/#post-922516

i realized, that i didn't find the gentle.config, since i looked in the wrong folders. i've searched in the installation-directory (which also has *.config files instead of in the ProgramData directory. after changing the gentle.config to the correct name (i didn't use the IP adress anymore to prevent such a problem in the future) everything works fine again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom