1.3.x Theme for default wide skin to support vertical home menus (1 Viewer)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have removed the clock from most of the skins (it was causing a burn in on my plasma) and made a few other simple changes, massively simplifying the icons where possible so that I can see them on a 10" Netbook from the other side of the room!

You may not want/like this but just thought someone might benefit (took me AGES to find out why the exit buttons had disappeared).

See next post.

Last edited:

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    I seem to have issues with Titan and 1.4, so here's what I now do

(NOTE - I change the graphics so DON'T just run this and expect just Vertical Home.)

1) MP Config
    Change to DefaultWide
    NO to Alt Splashscreen
    Only Classic Home
    OK

Now I run the Cmd file which copies over loads of files, xml and graphics.

As a final step, rename Titan directory (ProgramData\Team mediaPortal\MediaPortal\ Skin) to something else and copy the DefaultWide folder to replace it as Titan (so DefaultWide and Titan are both copies of DefaultWide).

This gives me a simple skin that I can use at 3m from my room netbooks (using my smart phone and Unified Remote to control them).

Not sure if this is useful to anyone or is overkill, but I have spent many happy(!!!!) hours making this work for me.

Attachments

• DefaultWide.zip
      1.8 MB
    • ModifyDefaultWideSkin.zip
      837 bytes

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Really is just the DefaultWide (sans clock in the top corner), as I said I use this in room netbooks so I need something I can see on a 7" screen from 2-3 m away.

The [new] images are just things I stole from the web, just look inside the media folder and you can click and see what they look like, bunch of notes for music, something that looks like a Borg sphere for TV (59 channels and there's nothing on), a simple [kiddie style] picture for pictures and an Oscar for video!

Attachments

• MP Music.jpg
      MP Music.jpg
      74.1 KB
    • MP Pictures.jpg
      MP Pictures.jpg
      66.9 KB
    • MP Radio.jpg
      MP Radio.jpg
      82.6 KB
    • MP TV.jpg
      MP TV.jpg
      68.8 KB
    Last edited:

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Suddenly realised what was so grating (to me) about the Titan skin.

On most screens there is a grid, which means that I have to decide which button to press, right and down or down and then left.

Now that may sound (and in some ways is) trivial but the point is with the old Default skins I didn't have that decision. Ergo, it was easier to drive!

Home, up or down. TV down, down, down click the button, go right etc.

That, together with the vibrant (very pretty, but OTT to me) colour schemes means I have more visual/mental processing to do which 'gets in the way' of the main function - which is to watch TV etc.

So glad I finally worked out why...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom