Thread Title jumps to Unread (1 Viewer)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    I've been out of the MP loop for a few years, but now starting to get back into it.

One thing about the forums I'm starting to find quite irritating is that the thread title for unread threads includes "/unread" at te end. So there are many threads that I haven't read at all, but every time I go into them I get put to the very end, when I actually want to read the first post. Normally on forums if you want to jump to the end, you click the specific icon to the left of the title (in this case a small blue dot).

Is there a specific reason for this? seems pretty counter intuitive to me, and takes more click and more page loads to simpy read the first post of a thread.

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    welcome back ;) it's ment to be that way by xf-coders and it's not optional. Very often discussed years ago but I guess anyone got used to. Both ways have their pros and cons but it benefits daily visitors.
    Workaround is to always click the date below the title instead of the title, that always opens the first post.

btw. /unread is only added when you have visited the thread, otherwise it's always the first post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom