[Blog] Top Ten Developments of 2011 (2 Viewers)

What were the major NEW developments/features in 2011?

• Total voters

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    As I posted in the Blog: Top Ten Developments of 2011, you may respond to this thread with what you think were the major developments in MediaPortal in 2011.

You may add as many new features or developments as you wish. I will add them to a poll attached to the thread where everyone can vote on them.

List any new features or developments of MediaPortal, extensions (plugins, skins, etc.) or even website, forum, wiki developments (like access to the forums via mobile devices, etc.) Don't be shy to explain why you love the new feature or think the development is so significant.

:D

Lyfesaver74

Public Relations
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 25, 2010
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hyperlink support

Extensions Plugin

ALL of the Wiki additions

MyVideos' new features

Dadeo: Comments made from blog page does not seem to be registering <line breaks> (Enter)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Lyfesaver74 - yeah I will ask high about the <line breaks> (Enter) in the Blog comments box.

4Fred - can you be more specific about what was new re: TV Server, EPG (WebEPG)?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK I started the poll now, items are listed in the order they were suggested ;) I will add items and update them as I get more clarification.

Let the voting begin! :p (multiple choices allowed)

MrCrabs

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2010
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Top Ten Developments of 2011

Ummm...might it be possible that the percentages forvthe votings are ot quite correct? I read 72% on stability and 54% on hyperlink support, those two make up 126% already, plus the rest.

EDIT: Oh, I see it's multiple choice, never mind

wouter1971

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 19, 2008
    Purmerend, Holland
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I would suggest for 2012 a "standard 3D playback function" within MediaPortal for 3DTV's as this is now a common standard for TV's. Can that be a poll?

With the random available Side-by-Side 3D format you have to adjust your TV set to Side-by-Side format and this makes the MediaPortal GUI appear split in half and over each other. Bad for the eyes.
    In 2012 i'm hoping for a better solution for this, and hopefully incorporated within MediaPortal and not just as plugin.
    I'm more then willing to help testing as owner of a passive LG 3DTV.

Thanks!

Wouter

p.s. MP is really stable these days, thanks for that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom