TsBufferExtractor plugin for TvServer (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

when you are watching the Tv and you decide to record the current program you will lose the 1st part of the program because the timeshift buffer is not included into the recorded file.

This plugin will save the TvServer timeshift buffer into a .ts file when you press the record button.

recordedtv.PNG TsBufferExtractor.PNG

Change log:
    • v0.2.0.0: some options..
    • v0.2.1.0: create xml file for buffer file.
    • v0.3.0.0: stable version, some error->debug log change
    • v0.3.1.0: resolve TS buffer corruption (on low I/O systems)
    • v0.4.0.0: Client-Server version for MP 1.9 Pre Release
    • v0.4.0.1: minor bugfix
    • v0.5.0.0: ask the user to save the buffer (the timeout of the dialog is 10 sec)
    • v0.5.0.1: minor bugfix
    • v0.6.0.0: BETA merge buffer and recorded file to new one. All originals are left.
    • v0.6.0.1: BETA recompiled for 1.16 Pre Release
    • v0.6.1.0: BETA added new config options

You can download the stable version from here: TsBufferExtractor

bye,
    regeszter

Attachments

• TsBufferExtractor_v0.6.1.0.mpe1
      22.2 KB
    Last edited:

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The file will start from the begining of the current program minus the pre-recorded time to the current time.
    One question: Why minus the pre record time?
    I mean if I decide to record a show in the middle and want to copy the buffer to have a complete recording I won't have a prerecording time. Or do I miss something?!

To make it more clear:
    R = Recording of 5 minutes
    T = Timeshift of 5 minutes
    L = Live Point
    Pre recording: 5 miniutes
    [] = Gap

User watched a program, than this is the the now status:
    TTTTL
    User hits record => normal recording from the live point starts
    TTTTR...
    User presses button to export the timeshift buffer
    Only TTT gets copied, so the final result would look like this:
    TTT[]RRRRRRR

Right or wrong?^^

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The file will start from the begining of the current program minus the pre-recorded time to the current time.
    One question: Why minus the pre record time?
    I mean if I decide to record a show in the middle and want to copy the buffer to have a complete recording I won't have a prerecording time. Or do I miss something?!

To make it more clear:
    R = Recording of 5 minutes
    T = Timeshift of 5 minutes
    L = Live Point
    P = Pre recording: 5 miniutes
    E = Current program starts according to EPG
    C = Current program starts according to real life

[] = Gap, smaller than 1 sec

Right or wrong?^^

User watched a program, than this is the the now status:
    TTTTPTCTTETTL

User hits record => normal recording from the live point starts
    TTTTPTCTTETTLR...

User presses button to export the timeshift buffer

Without pre-record time only ETTL gets copied, so the final result would look like this:
    File 1: ETTL[]
    File 2: RRRRRRR

With pre-record time the PTCTTETTL gets copied, so the final result would look like this:
    File 1: PTCTTETTL[]
    File 2: RRRRRRR

Which is the better?

Last edited:

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    The plugin won't extract the timeshift buffer if the begining of the current program minus the pre-recorded time is not in the buffer.
    so if i watched the show not from the beginning, but still want to record it from the point where i started to watch it - the plugin won't do it?
    Is there any chance to configure the destination path and name of timeshift copy?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The plugin won't extract the timeshift buffer if the begining of the current program minus the pre-recorded time is not in the buffer.
    so if i watched the show not from the beginning, but still want to record it from the point where i started to watch it - the plugin won't do it?
    Is there any chance to configure the destination path and name of timeshift copy?

Yes. It won't do it if you did not watch from the beginning. The all timeshift buffers will be extracted without this rule. Is there a better solution? I can implement it.

The path is the same as the recorded file, but I can do some options of course.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    The all timeshift buffers will be extracted without this rule
    well, if you recognize that you have less timeshift than needed for full program - then why not to take them all? they probably will contain the part of show i started watching.

The path is the same as the recorded file
    makes sense.
    Maybe add options to name the folder where all TS will be copied (relative to main recording file)?

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is really a great Idea for a Server Plugin! Ist there no way to merge the files into on big Record? Then it would be also listed as one Recorded Show...

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    The all timeshift buffers will be extracted without this rule
    well, if you recognize that you have less timeshift than needed for full program - then why not to take them all? they probably will contain the part of show i started watching.

How can you manage the following situation?

Channel1 Program1 -> Channel1 Program2 -> (Channel switch) -> Channel2 Program1 (partial) -> Start the record.

I will save the all (big) buffer. Of course I can make an option if the user wants to save the full buffer or the buffer from the beginning (as now).

The path is the same as the recorded file
    makes sense.
    Maybe add options to name the folder where all TS will be copied (relative to main recording file)?

Why need you save the file to an another folder than the recorded file? That is the first part of the current program.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    This is really a great Idea for a Server Plugin! Ist there no way to merge the files into on big Record? Then it would be also listed as one Recorded Show...

Sorry but no way to merge because the buffer is not aligned to correctly but you can play with MePo or any other media player.

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    How can you manage the following situation?
    Channel1 Program1 -> Channel1 Program2 -> (Channel switch) -> Channel2 Program1 (partial) -> Start the record.
    same as "Channel1 Program1 -> Channel1 Program2 -> (Channel switch) -> Channel2 Program1 -> Start the record." - no way to recognize if the timeshift buffer has the data for particular channel, even if (start time - prerecord) is contained in timeshift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom