Tuner card compatability (1 Viewer)

fredbare

Portal Member
June 24, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
I have a Leadtek Winfast DVT 2000 DS twin tuner, will this work with Media Portal, I have looked in the unsupported tuner list and I am not sure if this is the case?
Also I installed and uninstalled MediaPortal, but now find I cannot open WMC, I get a message "cannot open Windows Media Player because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy" has this got anything to do with the installation of MediaPortal?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

I have a Leadtek Winfast DVT 2000 DS twin tuner, will this work with Media Portal, I have looked in the unsupported tuner list and I am not sure if this is the case?
    Nobody except a person who owns and uses that exact tuner can give a direct answer... but if it isn't listed in the unsupported list (which it isn't) then there's a >90% chance it will work.
    It's probably fastest to just install MediaPortal and see if it works, but if you insist on having an answer before installing then I suggest you search the forum for references. For example, this one suggests the tuner works as long as you have the right drivers installed:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/winfast-dtv-2000-ds.85946/page-2#post-696795

Also I installed and uninstalled MediaPortal, but now find I cannot open WMC, I get a message "cannot open Windows Media Player because it has been prevented by a software restriction policy" has this got anything to do with the installation of MediaPortal?
    Windows Media Player? No.
    Windows Media Center? Maybe.
    Did you disable MC services in the 3rd party checks section of MediaPortal configuration? That would probably do it...
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_..._Configuration/97_Additional_3rd_Party_Checks

fredbare

Portal Member
    June 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your reply, the tuner showed up when I opened MP, but when I did a scan it did not detect any TV channels, I did this several times without success, this why I thought that the tuner was not supported.I will reinstall and see what happens.

fredbare

Portal Member
    June 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks for your reply, the tuner showed up when I opened MP, but when I did a scan it did not detect any TV channels, I did this several times without success, this why I thought that the tuner was not supported.I will reinstall and see what happens.[DOUBLEPOST=1435230490][/DOUBLEPOST]I have solved the WMC problem.
    When I try a channel scan, the is no signal level or signal strength showing.
    I reinstalled MP and during the install,it stopped and a popup window came up with "invalid file handle 32", I clicked on OK to resume the install
    How do I find and do a post a log file?

Last edited:

fredbare

Portal Member
    June 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I cannot get MP to do a channel scan, comes up with no "channel detected, no signal strength, no signal quality"
    I have installed and reinstalled several times, I also get a popup, "Invalid file handle 32" during the install, the install stops and starts again when I click on OK in this popup box.
    Should I be able to access already recorded TV programs, as I cannot do this?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I cannot get MP to do a channel scan, comes up with no "channel detected, no signal strength, no signal quality"
    Thank you for the log files.
    Please try to do another scan for country "Australia" and region/provider "All Regions".
    If that also doesn't work, please try to change the "preferred network provider" setting to "DVBT":
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

...and then rescan Australia All Regions again.

When you're scanning, please also make sure that WMC is not interfering and preventing MediaPortal from using your tuners.

I have installed and reinstalled several times
    There's absolutely no need to keep doing that. It won't help.

I also get a popup, "Invalid file handle 32" during the install, the install stops and starts again when I click on OK in this popup box.
    Ignore this.

Should I be able to access already recorded TV programs, as I cannot do this?
    If you're talking about WMC recordings then the answer is: you have to import them before you can access them.

fredbare

Portal Member
    June 24, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Sorry for the delay in responding, I have had success with tuning, did a scan 'Australia All regions', got all of my channels, also got the EPG to work, thanks for your help.
    I have another question about being able to access my WMC recordings using MP, I have tried importing them, but no luck, I have searched MPWiki to see what I am doing wrong and have come to the conclusion it can't be done, is that right?
    Also when playing back recordings in MP can I see all of my recordings at the same time as in WMC, or do I have to select individual folders, I use 3 HDDs to record my TV?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Please don't repeat-post. It's considered rude and won't help to get an answer faster. Most of us work on and/or use MediaPortal in our spare time, so it may take some time to get an answer. Your patience would be appreciated. :)

I have another question about being able to access my WMC recordings using MP, I have tried importing them, but no luck, I have searched MPWiki to see what I am doing wrong and have come to the conclusion it can't be done, is that right?
    It depends on what you mean by "access".
    You should be able to add the folder(s) that contain your recordings as video folders, and MP should be able to play them fine as long as your codec configuration is okay and the recordings are not DRM protected:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Portal_Configuration/2_Videos/1_Video_Folders

Importing the recordings into the TV recording list will be harder and may not be possible (I'm not 100% sure). At the very least, you would need to:
    1. Configure the recording folder for one of your tuners to point to the folder containing the recordings you want to import:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../TV-Server_Configuration/07_Recording#Folders

2. Create a Matroska file for each recording you want to import.

After doing this, it may be possible to import the files here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/07_Recording#Database_import

Also when playing back recordings in MP can I see all of my recordings at the same time as in WMC, or do I have to select individual folders, I use 3 HDDs to record my TV?
    I presume you're talking about the videos section here.

If you use the shares view then you'll see videos within their HDD and folder structure.
    If you use the database view then you'll see videos organised according to name, genre etc.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/14_Using_MediaPortal/01_Basics/Views

In other words: with shares view the answer is no; with database view the answer is yes.

Regards,
    mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom