TV Server and Windows 8 (1 Viewer)

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Here's the patch applied to MP 1.3a. It's now TvLibrary.Utils.dll that needs to be replaced.

Please remember that Windows 8 isn't supported yet so don't forget mentioning that you're using this patch should you seek support for any part of MediaPortal not working.

Attachments

• TvLibrary.Utils.dll.zip
      25.4 KB

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    How did you guys install Mediaportal under Windows 8? I'm running Windows 8 Release Preview and when trying to install it says "sorry, your os is currently not supported by Mediaportal"

chinga69

Portal Pro
    October 27, 2007
    penrith
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    you shouldn't get that message any more with the new version

once you install it replace the files with the ones in this post tv lib and it will work

Last edited:

felixbbb031

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2011
    ..tu iza čoška
    Home Country
    Croatia Croatia
    The problem is a OS versification in Mediaportal Server that prevents the TVService from starting. I've patched the TvControl.dll so the service can start under Windows 8 and also Windows 8 Server. Just extract the TvControl.dll to "MediaPortal TV Server" folder.
    MediaPortal works perfectly no Windows8...(y)
    Thank you a lot ;)

congruent

November 5, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This fix no longer works. I tried it on both 1.2.3 and 1.3.0 alpha.

I really don't understand this whole "check" thing and why the MediaPortal developers are so crazy about breaking these simple fixes. There's nothing mysterious or otherworldly about Windows 8. Anything that will work on 7 will work on 8, unless of course the developer does a "check" and breaks it for fun. I'm giving up on MediaPortal for the third time now (the other two time were because it was so slow I literally could not use it...and this on my dual core computer that runs WMC just fine). Luckily my version of 8 came with a free Media Center pack.

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I'm currently using MediaPortal 1.3.0 Alpha in Windows 8. The Team is working on a solution for a painless MediaPortal installation in Windows 8 but in the mean time you can select the Windows 7 compatibility mode that's suggested by Windows 8 during installation.

Users who are viewing this thread