Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

@Dave Reynolds
    Old channel numbers are present in the export:
    <tune IdChannel="1023" IdTuning="1023" Bandwidth="8" ChannelNumber="107" ChannelType="3" CountryId="31" Diseqc="1" FreeToAir="False" Frequency="12344000" MajorChannel="-1" MinorChannel="-1" Modulation="20" Name="Sky1 HD" NetworkId="2" PmtPid="257" Polarisation="1" Provider="BSkyB" ServiceId="3861" SwitchingFrequency="11700000" Symbolrate="29500" TransportId="2033" TuningSource="0" VideoSource="0" AudioSource="0" IsVCRSignal="False" SatIndex="-1" InnerFecRate="3" Band="0" Pilot="1" RollOff="3" Url="" Bitrate="0" />

As DJBlu says, the channel number that you see in the UI are now sourced from a different place. The import will not transfer your old channel numbers to the new location because that would wreck future import situations. In other words, if you'd trusted the upgrade process it would have copied your existing channel numbers to the new location. ;)

To fix your situation you could copy your channel numbers to the channel elements as follows:
    <channel GrabEpg="False" IdChannel="1023" IsRadio="False" IsTv="True" LastGrabTime="2012-12-3 10:31:12" SortOrder="10000" TimesWatched="0" TotalTimeWatched="2000-1-1 0:0:0" VisibleInGuide="True" DisplayName="Sky1 HD" ChannelNumber="107">

You'll have to do that manually for all channels.
    Alternatively use a DB management tool to update the DB directly, or use TV Server configuration->"TV Channels"->[edit] to set the channel number on each of your channels.

Thanks for the report. Marking as "no bug".

@ronilse @windin
    On a fresh install & fresh scan I also get same channel number(10000) on all channels i have, regardless if it's a TV or Radio station, not sure how but we'll figure it out.
    This is a totally different situation. Please could you start another thread, and *provide scan log files*.

mm

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I am going to look at the code tomorrow, I think I know where the problem is.
    If you're talking about Dave's report, I've already checked the SQL scripts - they do copy the channel numbers across to the new column.
    If you're talking about ronilse's report then please continue the discussion in a new thread once log files are provided. As far as I'm aware the LCN on the Channel table will be populated on creation of new channels.

Dave Reynolds

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,

thanks for taking the time to reply, it's no big deal, i've knocked up a quick program to renumber them back so all is good :) I will look at upgrades in the future also.

Again thanks.

Dave

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I can confirm, but it only counts for DVB-S obviously not for DVB-T (see picture)
    Fresh install, windows 7 x64, MePo 1.3 beta and mysql.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      132.3 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can confirm, but it only counts for DVB-S
    Are you sure that you were getting LCNs with MP 1.3 alpha or MP 1.2.x?
    There is no guarantee that MP will get them.

[Edit: ...and if you are, please provide scan log files!]

Last edited:

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    it is just getting stranger.
    I did a new scan and tried to put some channnels in favorite group.
    this is what I ended up with (picture)

Attachments

• Untitled.png
      Untitled.png
      138 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    It really looks like your provider does not have LCNs... or at least TsWriter is not able to find them, but the same situation should apply with MP 1.3 alpha and MP 1.2.x because nothing changed in TsWriter.

it is just getting stranger.
    I did a new scan and tried to put some channnels in favorite group.
    this is what I ended up with (picture)
    Okay, that is a bug, but it probably only affects the display. What happens if you close and reopen TV Server configuration - are the group names in the right columns?

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi, I did some screenshots on my dualboot system
    OS1: Win 7 x64, MePo 1.3 beta. Channel list shows unsorted channels, first four are DVB-T, the rest is DVB-S
    OS2: Win 7 x86, MePo 1.2.3 Shown channels are all DVB-S.

I'm not really sure what you mean with LCN, but I think 'local channel name'
    My DVB-S channels are from several different providers, so I don't think this is provider related.
    I cannot check your reopen suggestion because I'm watching TV right now (on 1.2.3)

Attachments

• 1.3beta.png
      1.3beta.png
      90.3 KB
    • 1.2.3.png
      1.2.3.png
      77.5 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi, I did some screenshots on my dualboot system
    OS1: Win 7 x64, MePo 1.3 beta. Channel list shows unsorted channels, first four are DVB-T, the rest is DVB-S
    OS2: Win 7 x86, MePo 1.2.3 Shown channels are all DVB-S.

I'm not really sure what you mean with LCN, but I think 'local channel name'
    My DVB-S channels are from several different providers, so I don't think this is provider related.
    LCN = logical channel number
    I don't think the numbers that you're seeing in MP 1.2.3 are real LCNs.
    I think if you sort channel groups then it starts to assign random numbers.
    The only way to prove this would be to provide a scan log from MP 1.2.3.

findftp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 20, 2011
    Nootdorp
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think if you sort channel groups then it starts to assign random numbers.
    it didn't

The only way to prove this would be to provide a scan log from MP 1.2.3.

Although the channel numbers don't seem to cause any problems, it is still strange to see that they stay 10000, while in 1.2.3 they all have different numbers.
    I did a new scan in 1.2.3 like you requested and attached it to this post so that the scans can be compared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom