TVGuide doesn't obey Channel sortOrder. (1 Viewer)

joboehl

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Brazil Brazil
    Hi,

I noticed that after changing the channels sort order using the SetupTv.exe application, the TVGuide at the clients doesn't follow the new order.

Doing some debugging, I noticed that SetupTv.exe updates the sortOrder fields in the dbo.Channels table, while TVGuide reads the dbo.GroupMap table, witch is not updated by the SetupTv.exe

This two queries can compare the results:

Shows the channels like they appear in Channels panel in SetupTv.exe

select b.Name from dbo.groupmap a, dbo.channel b where a.idchannel = b.idchannel and a.idgroup =1 order by b. sortorder

Shows the channels like they appear in the Guide:

select b.Name from dbo.groupmap a, dbo.channel b where a.idchannel = b.idchannel and a.idgroup =1 order by a.sortorder

One workaround for this issue is, after reordering your channels in the Channels panel, rebuild your channels group by removing all channels and then adding then n back in. This will make the dbo.GroupMap and dbo.Card sortOrder values the same.

So, don't know if this is by design, but reported as a bug just in case. ;)

Did not post any logs since I could not any usefull (ie: no reference to the tables being accessed) info on it. If needed, please request and I'll post.

Julio

Vgraphics

Portal Member
    October 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had the same problem after solveing errors in my tvdatabase by rename tvdatabase.db3 file.

I solved The channel sort in tvguide not updated by configuration by deleting the tv channelgroup in configuration

risu

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 22, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    This was little confusing at first for me too but I soon figured out the same thing as you did. So I've just taken channels out of the group and applied them back again after sorting. But still I think it's good that groups channel order isn't forced to be same as tv-servers internal channel order. Here are two reasons why we wouldn't want that:

1) Sometimes one would want different groups to display channels on different places.

2) When you have loads of channels, with SAT for example you want to sort channels alphabetically to find channels faster but on groups you don't always/usually want that.

There could be box enable/disable "sort as per internal order" etc for each group which would be enabled by default or this could also be asked from user when creating a new group. So if one would want change order on group and make it independent of internal channel order, he would untick box.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom