unable to play live2-0.ts.tsbuffer (live tc stream) (1 Viewer)

Abird

February 18, 2011
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello!

I have been trying to install MediaPortal this week, with some success. I used it some years ago, and I'm impressed with the improvements e.g. database driven content. I have a probelm with my TV though. :confused:

I installed MP on my XP system, and the TV just worked. I then formated disk, installed all requirements for xp, installed MP, and repeated my previous set-up of tv (which just involves changing stream to IP rather than auto, and searching for chanels, DVB in the UK). I get the dreaded uable to play live.2-0.ts.tsbuffer message! I have tried several things to get round this, however I am now very confused and frustrated; it was so simple to get to work the frist time, and now it is not. I attach my log files.

Any help is much appreciated.
:D

Edit: wont play recorded tv either, displays message containing codec info which doesn't change if codecs are changed in Mediaportal config. .ts files will play in vlc. buffer file is written in the timeshifting folder, however if the origional message says 2-0, the file in the timeshifting folder is 2-1...? is it looking for the wrong file?

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Abird,

I had the same error in my logs:
    2011-02-18 10:22:39.687500 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer: Exception while creating DShow graph Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {51B4ABF3-748F-4E3B-A276-C828330E926A} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: 80040273.
    2011-02-18 10:22:41.156250 [ERROR][MPMain(1)]: TSReaderPlayer:GetInterfaces() failed

Somewhere in the forums I found a thread where someone mentioned that the problem disappeared when he uninstalled the sysinfo plugin. As I had installed the sysinfo plugin I uninstalled it and for me it worked.

Maybe it will work for you as well in case you installed the sysinfo plugin.

Ciao,
    BartManson

Abird

February 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Somewhere in the forums I found a thread where someone mentioned that the problem disappeared when he uninstalled the sysinfo plugin. As I had installed the sysinfo plugin I uninstalled it and for me it worked.

Maybe it will work for you as well in case you installed the sysinfo plugin.

Ciao,
    BartManson

Thanks, I have no additional plugins installed. So i doubt this is my problems. perhaps a codec or file name/path issue?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi there

Take a look at this thread and this thread. The exception in your logs relates to the VMR9 filter (the thing that takes the video from MediaPortal and gives it to the video card). From a quick search of the forum (search term: 80040273) there seem to be a number of potential causes:

- use of secondary display
    - video card drivers
    - codecs
    - use of VMR/EVR

I suggest you:

1. Make sure you do all your Microsoft updates, especially the VC++ redistributable.
    2. Update your video card drivers.
    3. Use the primary display in your system.
    4. Try different video codecs. Make sure to try some with DxVA (hardware accelerated h.264 decode) and some without.

If it still doesn't work please post again.

BTW: the reason VLC works is because it uses the overlay mixer instead of the video mixing renderer (VMR) - not a fair comparison.

Abird

February 18, 2011
    Home Country
    Wee have success! Thanks all for reading.
    I changed the graphics driver, and used the same one on primary and secondary. I then unistalled codec packs such as klite and ffdshow and restarted. The TV worked, i then installed ffd again to select the codecs i like. Tv still works. I think it was the graphics driver myself.

Thanks again,
    Andrew.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Excellent! :)
    Glad to hear the issue is sorted and *thank you* for reporting back. It is always encouraging to hear successful results and it helps other people who encounter similar problems.

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi mm1352000,

do you have any clue why disabling the sysinfo plugin fixed the problem for me? Are there any known problems with this plugin regarding this problem?

Best regards,
    BartManson

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi bartmanson

do you have any clue why disabling the sysinfo plugin fixed the problem for me? Are there any known problems with this plugin regarding this problem?

No I have no idea why disabling sysinfo would have stopped the problem for you. Like I said earlier, the exception that I saw in Abird's logs is a very general exception - there are many potential causes. Without having seen your logs I can only speculate that sysinfo was preventing MediaPortal from doing something it needed to do with the hardware or that some other external variable changed. Your problem could have been caused by something else too.

It sounds like you want to continue to run sysinfo but that you think it will cause problems. Does the problem come back immediately if you re-enable it?

bartmanson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 28, 2004
    Nuremberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

well, no, not necessarily. I prefer to have a stable system (which it currently really is... we only watch tv via mediaportal. even my wife loves it :)) and can live without the sysinfo plugin. If it would help to pin down the error I might try to reproduce it tomorrow and provide full logs. Cannot try it today because I have to go to the birthday of my mother-in-law...

Reason why I asked is that I was just wondering what goes wrong because none of the possible reasons you mentioned apply to my system:
    - I have only one display (my Samsung LED TV)
    - I have newest drivers for my HD3450 (11.1 I think)
    - I use PDVD10 and Win7-MS Codecs which is not very "exotic"
    - I use EVR but I did this before and after enabling the sysinfo plugin...

Regards,
    BartManson

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You've done well to get your wife using MP. :D

I understand the need for stability. I'd be happy to look at the logs when you have some time for testing. It does seem strange that you have the problems despite all the things you mentioned; it is *very* strange that you are/were using EVR given that the exception claims to be related to VMR9! Perhaps the sysinfo plugin isn't compatible with EVR (Vista/7).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom