unable to play TV after starting MP 1.3RC (also beta) (1 Viewer)

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    doesn't happen every time, but tonight I spent more than 30 minutes restarting mp and the whole computer.
    attached the logs from it.

so I'm running win7 64bit and it ran fine on 1.2. largely it's run fine on 1.3, but sometimes it just refuses to start the TV channels. I get the "unable to play live (x number) TS" error.

I've tried with black glass and titan skins, and it's currently happily running on default wide, but I suspect that's more luck than skin issues. hoping I'm not the only one or at least someone can offer a suggestion/fix.
    tia.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not so much expert ..

But I have seen in tvserver_tv.log:
    Code:
    2013-03-01 18:47:58.973728 [TVService(6)]: Controller: card Hauppauge WinTV-7164 BDA DVBT Tuner: current timeshiftpath = V:\PVR\TV\timeshift

Is V:\ a local drive or a network share?

If it is a network share this might be your problem.
    To use a network share with the tv-service you have to specify it as an UNC path (\\server\path)
    You also have to modify the user that starts the tv-service. This user has to have write permissions onto the share.

If it is a local drive you can forget my suggestion ...

rocklander

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 14, 2010
    rotovegas
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thanks for the response, but yup, it's local.. I just called it 'v' for video, heh. it is running at 90% use, but that still leaves over 100Gb free so I don't think it's a file system error.. but I too am no expert.. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom