[Updated 27 Mar!] MPExtended Service 0.4.3 (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    MPExtended Service 0.4.3
    MPExtended is a project that aims at providing access to MediaPortal from all over the world. The MPExtended Service is our core component, which provides the data retrieval and streaming functions for all clients. You will need this to use one of the clients, which currently are aMPdroid 1.0 and WebMediaPortal. This release is still a bit experimental, so expect things to break occasionally. However, we need your feedback to improve it. This service is the successor of GmaWebService and the TV4Home Service, including all their functions and more.

The 0.4.3 update fixes some minor bugs that some users experienced. People who already installed the test version from this thread don't have to upgrade, this is the same version. Thanks a lot for all your feedback. Downloads are available at the usual location.

Features
    Some new features in MPExtended include:
    • A new user-friendly, single installer for all services
    • A new tray application that allows for easy client configuration and easy configuration of the services
    • Plugin architecture for data sources, making it more generic and allowing easier integration of new plugins in the future
    • Support for synchronizing your watched movies and TV shows with Trakt and follw.it
    • Much improved streaming platform, with support for VLC as streaming backend
    • Subtitle support and audio language selection for streaming
    • Lots of changes which make developing client applications easier

Contributors
    I'd like to thank a few people for their contribution to this release:
    • Of course my fellow team members DieBagger and Mike Lowrey for all their work on this release.
    • Team eve (johanj, PServais and joostzilla) for their endless feedback on the API while implementing an awesome client.
    • Shukuyen for his work on integrating WifiRemote and MPExtended and his feedback on the API.
    • The VLC and ffmpeg developers who did fantastic work on implementing open source video and audio codecs.
    • All other people who've dropped by in our IRC channel, helped with testing or provided valuable feedback and I've forgotten.

Changelog
    0.4.3, 27 Mar 2012:
    • Improve log messages
    • Ignore database providers that give errors
    • Fix crash in MPVideos when temporary directory does not exists
    • Fix loading of music tracks

[collapse]
    0.4.2, 24 Jan 2012:
    • Fix support for paths with diacritics in them
    • Fix installation of firewall exceptions
    • Fix update checker
    • Add option to open WebMediaPortal from tray application
    • Fix duplicate tv series
    • Give MediaPortal focus when started from the tray application or remote control
    • Add rating information to music tracks and albums
    • Do not downgrade WifiRemote during installation
    • Fix loading of year information from music albums
    • Fix serialization of huge lists
    • Fix crash when MediaPortal config file doesn't contain WifiRemote values
    • Fix crash when Bonjour is corrupt
    • Fix crash when exception happens on background thread (vlc for example)
    • Fix crash in tray application when started twice on the same computer
    • Fix crash when using a custom installation
    • Fix crash when searching in TV database
    • Fix installation on WHS 2011. Logging is currently unavailable, this will be fixed in the next version.
    • Improve error logging

0.4.1, 30 Dec 2011:
    • Improve artwork retrieval for music
    • Be a bit more quiet in the event log
    • Fixed harmless error when shutting down the service
    • Fix starting and stopping service from the configurator
    • Fix crash when starting MediaPortal from the menu of the tray application
    • Fix error when exporting logs while WebMP was running
    • Split out logs of configurator to separate file
    • Fix IDs in search results from MP-TVSeries
    • Fix harmless error in GetPlayerPosition
    • Fix error when loading streaming view in configurator
    • Fix TV logo location in Windows XP
    • Add duration to WebMusicTrackBasic (for Eve)

0.4.0, 24 Dec 2011:
    • Initial release
    [/collapse]

Feedback
    When you've any problems, please follow the troubleshooting guide in the wiki. If you can't solve it using the documentation, feel free to create a new thread here, but include your logs (it's documented in the wiki page how to get them)! In general I try to read all threads and comment on all problems, but it can take a while sometimes and I might miss some of them. Please file only confirmed bugs on the GitHub issue tracker. If you want a new feature, please post here too. We'll carefully evaluate all ideas, and implement interesting ones for the next version.

We need help!
    Over the last half year, MPExtended has grown to a massive project, consisting of nearly 23.000 lines of code. The team behind it is small, and we are all limited in the time we can spend on MPExtended. To keep development going at the high pace it currently is, we need help. Not only developers are welcome, but help with user support, documentation and testing is also highly appreciated. Please let us know if you're interested in contributing. You can find us in #mp-extended no irc.freenode.net or send me a PM here.

Like most other people, we also have rent to pay. Donating allows us to spend more time on this project, delivering new features and bugfixes even faster. Usually it works pretty well to get a specific feature implemented too (contact me by PM).

J

joostzilla

Re: MPExtended Service 0.4

Thanks a lot Oxan and team for MPExtended. :D
    Eve wouldnt be possible without it.

Keep up the good work. And keep MPExtended alive for ever.

Team Eve
    Joostzilla - Pservais - JohanJ

:D

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MPExtended Service 0.4

Hello this is a very nice Christmas present. But i have noticed a first Bug. Saving the QR-Code don't work. It will crash the Configuration and I had to restart the Service.

Windows 7

Mediaportal 1.2.2

Attachments

• crash.png
      crash.png
      248.3 KB

johanj

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 31, 2009
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: MPExtended Service 0.4

Thanks a lot Oxan and the MPExtended team for this awsome service. EVE couldnt happen without it.

Oxan, a big thanks for your fast replies and helpful support!

Happy Christmas,

Johan

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: MPExtended Service 0.4

Hello this is a very nice Christmas present. But i have noticed a first Bug. Saving the QR-Code don't work. It will crash the Configuration and I had to restart the Service.
    Thanks, fixed for next release (which will be released around 9 January).
    EDIT 21:58: Ok, this bug turned out to cause too much trouble with aMPdroid, so we've replaced the 0.4.0 files with a fixed version. For users who have installed the old version (downloaded before 21:58), I've attached a fixed version of MPExtended.Applications.ServiceConfigurator.exe to this post. Place this file in C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service and the QR code should work again. Reinstalling also works of course.

I see that WifiRemote is also being installed. Unfortunately, I just found out that this plugin caused some problems for me:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/824540-post78.html
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/824536-post86.html
    Hmm, unfortunately this isn't anything I can do much about. Fortunately our installer downloads the last Wifiremote version during installation, so if they release a new version where this is fixed MPExtended will automatically use the newer version.

Attachments

• Fixed ServiceConfigurator.zip
      371.5 KB

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Very nice now it works. But I have found another two bugs.
    The first one is that the Button to stop the Service don't work, If I pushed the Button nothing works.
    The other Bug is that when I choose "Start Mediaportal" in the Contexmenu, the program crashed and Mediaportal don't start.

hookx

Portal Member
    May 30, 2011
    B/8
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Sorry, postet in wrong thread. Therefore just:

Great Work!

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Re: AW: MPExtended Service 0.4

Very nice now it works. But I have found another two bugs.
    The first one is that the Button to stop the Service don't work, If I pushed the Button nothing works.
    The other Bug is that when I choose "Start Mediaportal" in the Contexmenu, the program crashed and Mediaportal don't start.
    Can you post your ServiceConfigurator.log? Thanks!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom