VideoLAN external player plugin (3 Viewers)

chrisonline

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 17, 2007
    Tirol/Wörgl
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Please help i can not play .flv files with the videolan external plugin!
    I checked in the settings of the plugin only the .flv extension.

In MediaPortal i get only a black screen without audio.
    The file does not play !?!?

What is wrong? Without MP and using VLC the files plays perfectly ...

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi chrisonline,

here is a quite actual version of videolan. Try it and if it not work post the log files.

I hope it work for you. ;)

-> new preview dll see later post

Regards
    kroko

DutchTerror

Portal Member
    February 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Same here (used the version you posted for chrisonline, the version posted in the startpost gives me nothing but a blank screen); starts as a 5 by 5 pix movie, after switching back to the main menu and back to the movie it appears as small as the "in menu picture" (the frame that continues to show video while browsing menu's), changing the aspect ratio -after- this action makes it appear full screen however.

Another small issue I get while switching back to the main movingpictures menu; the "in menu picture" appears on top of the full screen movie for a shortwhile while the menu is loading.

Also this the "in menu picture" doesnt move to the correct position (right lower corner) when switching from moving pictures to the main menu but instead stays at the left top corner where its positioned in moving pictures. (see screenshot)

50e764e203ee38c8f7714e80dd32a9d4.JPG

Anyway, i think this plugin is a great idea and I cant wait until some of the current issues are resolved!

kroko

Portal Pro
    February 4, 2007
    Itzehoe
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi DutchTerror,

the bug with the resizing is fixed now. Also we are doing some progress having the osd from the mplayer intregrated into the plugin. Soon we will do a release under a new thread. This will fix the black screen problem (we hope )

So stay tuned for the upcoming release.

Regards
    kroko

ps: you could try this release, please erase the vlc in the config dir. Then reconfigure the plugin.
    For good view I recommend to use Directx Failsafe if you under xp.

Attachments

• vlc dll.zip
      30.6 KB

rogerbro

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi all,

I have video-files, recorded with my Pinnacle 110i TV-card, which are played fine with the (stand-alone) VLC-player. But when I use the VideoLAN external player plugin they are played without sound.

Format:
    Video, MPEG2 (480x576)
    Audio, MP2 (192 kbps)

Other video-files (e.g. divx) are played fine.

What could be the problem? ... it seems I can not configure something regarding audio at the plugin (right?)

Thanx for advice ...
    rogerbro

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

Are you sure you tried to play this file with VLC plugin ?
    What about playing this video file inside the tester in Configuration ?
    Do you have a direct spdif output ?
    Did you check your codecs merits ?

By the way, here is the latest VLC plugin for now :

Attachments

• vlc dll.zip
      30.6 KB

rogerbro

Portal Member
    January 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Hi framug,

Thank you for the fast response ...

Yes, I'm (quite) sure the VLC plugin is used. There is also no sound when playing the video inside the tester in configuration.
    I used your newest VLC plugin, same result.

When playing the video inside the tester in configuration, I found following entries in the log-files:

Configuration.log:
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [Info.][Config Main]: No translation found for id 407
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [ERROR][Config Main]: No translation found for id 407
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [Info.][Config Main]: No translation found for id 408
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [ERROR][Config Main]: No translation found for id 408
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [Info.][Config Main]: No translation found for id 409
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [ERROR][Config Main]: No translation found for id 409
    2009-03-08 15:41:57.460684 [Info.][Config Main]: VideoLan : Replace D:\Video\test.mpg with D:\Video\test.mpg

Are these error-messages from the language translation, or could this be the reason for the audio-issue?

rogerbro

framug

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 31, 2005
    South of France
    Home Country
    France France
    it's better to play file in configuration tester for testing.
    Here, you will be sure it's VLC wich play file.
    Configuration.log:
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [Info.][Config Main]: No translation found for id 407
    2009-03-08 15:41:44.992094 [ERROR][Config Main]: No translation found for id 407
    Are these error-messages from the language translation, or could this be the reason for the audio-issue?
    this is only for language translation no audio issue here.
    Configuration.log:2009-03-08 15:41:57.460684 [Info.][Config Main]: VideoLan : Replace D:\Video\test.mpg with D:\Video\test.mpg
    Don't worry with this (informative) message.
    Are you with an external amplifier, by spdif ?
    If no, is Numeric Audio unchecked, according to your config ?
    And playing this file with your installed VLC 0.9.8.a give sound ?
    Really weird issue. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom