BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi @Brownard,

it is not working for me either. The server (see my system specs) does not wake up when I start the client. The server has two NIC but only one is in use. Here are my client logs.

Cheers

Blue Max

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    @azzuro @BlueMax1916 Could you try the attached version and post debug logs please. I've added more logging and made a small change that may make a difference.

Attachments

• WakeOnLan.Client_v8.zip
      15.7 KB

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Brownard, thank you for your hard work. I will be on vacations the next weeks so I do not know if I can test it before.

Cheers

Blue Max

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    IT WORK now,
    on my version of MP2 ( it's 2.1.1 but not the last commits ), when i send my server to sleep, MP2 Gui is not updated

about typo :
    WakeOnLanHelper: Sending magic packet from 192.168.1.2
    is not "to" IP instead of "from"

it send the packet every seconds ?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    IT WORK now,
    Thanks (y). Can you give it a test over the next couple of days to make sure its not just luck ;)
    is not "to" IP instead of "from"
    No, it's logging the IP addresses of the client so I can check which adapters it is sending the WOL packet from.
    when i send my server to sleep, MP2 Gui is not updated
    Do you mean that the client still thinks its connected to the server? I can see some related errors in the log, it shouldn't be related to this plugin but may be another bug in MP2.

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Thanks (y). Can you give it a test over the next couple of days to make sure its not just luck ;)
    sure, because every time it work on your change, and in the weeks, it don't work anymore ... maybe due to windows update ...

No, it's logging the IP addresses of the client so I can check which adapters it is sending the WOL packet from.
    Oki, i understand, why not the name of device too ?
    upload_2017-7-29_9-47-44.png

but don't use IPV6 ?
    i have re-set to use only ipv6 instead of both ipv6 and ipv4. ( but sure on Home usage 99% will be in IPV4)

Can you add-on an timer before detect the IP adress and the name of server, because when the server resume, it have few seconds before transmit the machine name to network, it's an DNS issue, but do'nt know where is the culprit ( my router (90%) - my server (10%) )

Do you mean that the client still thinks its connected to the server? I can see some related errors in the log, it shouldn't be related to this plugin but may be another bug in MP2.
    yes. on previous test, it worked fine, icon was removed.
    need to be sure if it's not due to my fast resumre/sleep.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Oki, i understand, why not the name of device too ?
    I use a utility method available in the MP2 core to get the addresses and it doesn't give me that information (and I can't be bothered to reinvent the wheel ;)).
    Though...
    but don't use IPV6 ?
    i have re-set to use only ipv6 instead of both ipv6 and ipv4. ( but sure on Home usage 99% will be in IPV4)
    you are right it seems to only give IPv4 addresses, I'll have a look.
    Can you add-on an timer before detect the IP adress and the name of server, because when the server resume, it have few seconds before transmit the machine name to network, it's an DNS issue, but do'nt know where is the culprit ( my router (90%) - my server (10%) )
    Is this just so the host name is logged correctly? Host name isn't needed for WOL. What the plugin does currently is it updates the address only after it receives a 'Server connected' message, which means that the server should be up and connected (though the hostname is not necessarily available yet but this is not required). The exception to this is that the plugin also checks immediately after the client/plugin first starts in case the plugin missed the 'Server connected' message.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Short question. Is the most recent version of this included in MP2.1.1 final build?

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Short question. Is the most recent version of this included in MP2.1.1 final build?
    No, still needs more feedback...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom