Web site typo's and small errors (1 Viewer)

moab

Portal Pro
April 22, 2008
California
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
*bah*...fixed ;)

Can we add "Plugins" to the My System drop down?
This would be helpful to know what plugins users are currently using.

ROI:
It is hard to find which plugins people are using.
This would advertise working plugins to other Forum readers.
As web admin you could then run some stats on which plugins are currently installed and used on peoples systems.
e.g. Top 10 most frequently installed plugins!
I keep my system info up-to-date so I am sure most other active forum users.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The navigation link to the TV Cards is broken (error 404).

On the Main Page, right, below the supported TV Cards manufacturer. The link "and many more"

bazzz

Portal Pro
    March 29, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is it churlish of me to point out that "mediacenter" isn't actually an English language word and should be replaced with "media center" throughout the web site? Also the first sentence on the home page: "MediaPortal turns your PC / TV into a very advanced MediaCenter / HTPC" isn't very good. Slashes generally read poorly and a newcomer is going to be baffled by jargon such as "HTPC". Something like "MediaPortal turns your PC and TV into a very advanced home media center" might be better.

I appreciate many of the people behind the site don't speak English as a first language, so I'd be happy to help polish things a bit. First impressions can make a big difference.

pbb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 30, 2006
    Trondheim
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I agree. And it's not only the website. Also the software (especially the installer) has some "crooked" sentences...

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is it churlish of me to point out that "mediacenter" isn't...

Definitely not ;)
    Most of us don't speak English as a first language so we appreciate any help on our official texts. Just pick up the parts you want to see changed (homepage/wiki/installer whatever)and send me the fix via PM. Thanks in advance!

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Web site typo's and small errors

Thanks, should be fixed now. ;)

myscha

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I found some regarding the MePo requirements page.

Could one please change several links so that they point to the correct package? E.g.:
    - the MySQL link points to V5.0.41 (and is dead), but MePo likes to have V5.1.38.
    - the DirectX link points to the June 2010 version, but MePo wants the 2009 version
    - the VC++ redist link points to the Spetember 2010 version, but MePo wants the 2008 version

It would be great if there was an additional note that one doesn't need to download the packages manually, but that MePo itself will handle this.

I manually downloaded the packages and took the recent version of each just to see that MePo doesn't like those versions and I had to download all the software again. Unfortunately I have only 5GB of traffic per month and therefore every 100MB hurt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom