WebGrab+Plus a new xmltv grabber (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    hmm, not sure what I'm doing different. Looked at my webgrab+plus test system and my channels.xml, guide.xml, log.txt files were all modified at 2:20am to 2:21am from my last overnight run. I just started my webgrab+plus batch file and if I refresh the webgrab folder I see these files getting updated as each channel runs.

attached are my SF area webgrab setup files, maybe you can do a test run with time set = 0 to minimize runtime and see what is different. When I made the SF init file the only change I made was setting the SRVID for my zipcode.

one more comment, I'm using the most recent version of webgrab+plus from the webpage.

Attachments

• SF_test.zip
      7.6 KB
    Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    hmm, not sure what I'm doing different. Looked at my webgrab+plus test system and my channels.xml, guide.xml, log.txt files were all modified at 2:20am to 2:21am from my last overnight run. I just started my webgrab+plus batch file and if I refresh the webgrab folder I see these files getting updated as each channel runs.

attached are my SF area webgrab setup files, maybe you can do a test run with time set = 0 to minimize runtime and see what is different. When I made the SF init file the only change I made was setting the SRVID for my zipcode.

one more comment, I'm using the most recent version of webgrab+plus from the webpage.
    @RonD. I'm sorry, I haven't been able to test your set of files. Life happened.

On the same note though, I noticed that my scheduled task was hanging too "This task is currently running (0x41301)". So, on a whim, I removed the /MIN flag from my .cmd file.

It seems like that from v.1.1.1 onwards, the MS security dialog pops up asking for whether it is okay to continue running this program or not. I checked the box for ignoring for this file. Then put the /MIN flag back in again. Ran it once by double-clicking the .cmd and it ran fine. Ran it from the scheduled task and it ran and finished fine too "The operation completed successfully (0x0)".

TL;DR. Need to run it once and ignore the security warning for WebGrab+Plus.exe.

Sorry for the rambling post. Hope that helps.

Last edited:

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    @RonD: For sure, if you comment out the lines near the bottom in tvguide.com.CA_SFbay.ini (ones related to channel grabbing), then the tvguide.com.CA_SFbay.channels.xml does not get overwritten.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    c_g,

my original question about enable/disable comments and channel generation were more is this an intended "feature" so each time you grab new EPG data you also update the channel list.

I've been using a RunWG.bat script to get overnight EPG updates using the MePo PowerScheduler plugin. See the EPG section in the following wki.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/13_Plugins/Power_Scheduler

I just set the time and days I want to run the EPG update and set the path to my RunWG.bat file. MePo wakes the TV Server, runs the script, does the xmltv import, and puts the TV Server back to sleep. I've done the same thing for mc2xml. If you try this make sure you use ManualControl to stop/start the TV Server so it uses the new config options. I'm switching back to a windows scheduled task testing.

I'm not enough of a windows program/script guy to understand the advantage of a .cmd script vs .bat script and use the following in a RunWG.bat file.

c:
    cd "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\ServerCare\WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1\WebGrab+Plus.exe"
    copy /y guide.xml TVguide.xml

corporate_gadfly

Portal Pro
    May 17, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    c_g,

my original question about enable/disable comments and channel generation were more is this an intended "feature" so each time you grab new EPG data you also update the channel list.

I've been using a RunWG.bat script to get overnight EPG updates using the MePo PowerScheduler plugin. See the EPG section in the following wki.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rver_Configuration/13_Plugins/Power_Scheduler

I just set the time and days I want to run the EPG update and set the path to my RunWG.bat file. MePo wakes the TV Server, runs the script, does the xmltv import, and puts the TV Server back to sleep. I've done the same thing for mc2xml. If you try this make sure you use ManualControl to stop/start the TV Server so it uses the new config options. I'm switching back to a windows scheduled task testing.

I'm not enough of a windows program/script guy to understand the advantage of a .cmd script vs .bat script and use the following in a RunWG.bat file.

c:
    cd "C:\ProgramData\ServerCare\WebGrab"
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\ServerCare\WebGrab+PlusV1.1.1\WebGrab+Plus.exe"
    copy /y guide.xml TVguide.xml
    Thanks for the insight. I will keep an eye on my scheduled task. Before upgrading to 1.1.1, it was set and forget for the last few months. Hopefully after the tweak that I did last night, it will be the same with this version as well.

The part about ManualControl doesn't apply to me, as I use Argus TV. Argus TV has an XMLTV subdirectory which watches for files dropped in there. Once it processes and imports the file, Argus TV "does the right thing", no action required.

Beast

Portal Member
    April 30, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Folks,

I vave a similar issue like kleinerflo with the tvtoday grabber.
    I always get Navy CIS shows, for Navy CIS and NAVY CIS Los Angelas both. This is a bit confusing.
    for Navy CIS the entry in the guide.xml is:
    <title lang="de">Navy CIS</title>
    <title lang="xx">NCIS</title>
    <sub-title lang="de">Der Vorhof der Hölle</sub-title>
    For Navy CIS Los Angeles the entry is
    <title lang="xx">NCIS: Los Angeles</title>
    <sub-title lang="de">L. A.. Die Spur des Pudels</sub-title>
    Could this be changed?

Thanks!

Lightning303

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Folks,

I vave a similar issue like kleinerflo with the tvtoday grabber.
    I always get Navy CIS shows, for Navy CIS and NAVY CIS Los Angelas both. This is a bit confusing.
    for Navy CIS the entry in the guide.xml is:
    <title lang="xx">NCIS</title>
    <sub-title lang="de">Der Vorhof der Hölle</sub-title>
    For Navy CIS Los Angeles the entry is
    <title lang="xx">NCIS: Los Angeles</title>
    <sub-title lang="de">L. A.. Die Spur des Pudels</sub-title>
    Could this be changed?

Thanks!

Hey,
    yes you are right, whenever there is a : or a - in the title, the text that comes behind that char becomes the subtitle.
    I did modify my tvtoday.de.ini some time ago because of that. I did fix and change some other stuff aswell.
    My intention was to actually release my version for others to use, but never got around to it, as i wanted to add epsiode number support first.
    So here is my work in progress version, that fixes your problem.

Other changes to original:
    Code:
    *	fixed titles, " - " should not be a separator of title and subtitle (e.g. "Alarm für Cobra 11 - Die Autobahn Polizei" is a title and not title and subtitle)
    *	fixed title.scrub, it was using a wrong search string which could resolve in missing shows
    *	fixed subtitle
    *	fixed genre, scrubbing from index is unreliable as sometimes tvtoday shows the country and date there aswell (e.g. "Drama, D 2013" vs. "Drama")
    *	added feature to use first part of description as subtitle for sport events (e.g. "FC Schalke 04 - Borussia Dortmund, 25. Spieltag")

please note that i dont know if this version works with other programms apart from mediaportal and xmltv plugin.

Attachments

• tvtoday.de.rar
      2.1 KB

GaryM

May 4, 2013
    Home Country
    I've been going crazy trying to get the tvguide.com.LOCATION.channels.xml file generated. I'm following the instructions on http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Us...Setup_Guide/Customize_TVguide.com.no-provider. I found my svid (20424.268435456). After making my updates to the .ini and Webgrab++.config.xml, I run Webgrab. I don't see a new 'tvguide.com.ColoradoSprings.channels.xml' file. I do see that the file 'guide.xml' was generated, but it only contains the following.
    Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <tv generator-info-name="WebGrab+Plus/w MDB &amp; REX Postprocess -- version 1.1.1/49 -- Jan van Straaten" generator-info-url="http://www.webgrabplus.com">
    <channel id="dummy">
    <display-name lang="en">dummy</display-name>
    <url>http://www.tvguide.com.ColoradoSprings</url>
    </channel>
    </tv>

I assume that the generated xml file should contain the channels. I'm using tvguide.com.no-provider.ini revision 3. I updated the config with the following channel
    Code:
    <channel update="f" site="tvguide.com.ColoradoSprings" site_id="0" xmltv_id="dummy">dummy</channel>

I must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

WG++Maker

Portal Pro
    October 25, 2010
    La Gomera, Canary Islands
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Hi Gary M,

a likely reason why creating the channel-list file fails is a bug in build 49 of WG++ !! (Shame on me!!!) So if you are using that, there's the reason. In that case reinstall build 48 (or wait for build 50). You won't need any features of build 49 for tvguide.com , so there is no problem going back.

If it still fails can you post on the WebGrabPlus.com forum?

WG++Maker .. Jan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom