WebMP Skin: BlueShift v4 (1 Viewer)

SkinsFan0521

Portal Pro
October 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Can you tell us the differences between v3 and v4?

I'm using (and really like v3) and don't want to upgrade and potentially break anything with v4 unless it has some features that I would really like/use.

Thanks!

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
- The TVServer submenu shows when hovering
- Fade in effect for images
- A fix for the TVguide (don't know exactly what anymore)
- Other small things

I don't think you will see much of a difference. Why don't you just try it?

mars

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
I really like the Blueshift skin. I have 3 MP clients on Win7 around the house and a central MP server (WinXP). WebMP is perfect to serve all the iPads and Blueshift gives it a huge professional look. Some suggestions/requests here:

• I have >900 movies. When I open the movies it starts with all genres (=all movies) and takes ages to load. Would it be possible to select a genre first or to define a default genre?. I am not using moving pictures at this time. Should I?
  • I am missing the search-function in the original skin (right hand upper corner), as this made it easy to search for certain topics in the epg database. Has this been dropped on purpose?
  • In music the thumbs don't show up. I have used the same configuration in MPextended for music as I have done for MyVideos:
    - databases from a central server location are robocopied frequently to the local machine where MPExtend is located
    - thumbs and fanart stay on the central server and the UNC-path has been configured.
    Works for Series and Videos, but not for music...
Thanks

Dragy

Portal Pro
April 27, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Have you tried my other skin, Bootstrap? I don't know if I have the time to update both skins, since I use Bootstrap myself, I still like to update that one.

mars

Portal Member
August 1, 2008
I have tried Bootstrap. But it doesn't show the menu bar on the iPad (I am using webmediaportal for my mobile devices, not for any PC).
I have tried both Chrome and Safari and restarted MPEx and WebM services.
Any settings I am missing here?[DOUBLEPOST=1377163999][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have tried Bootstrap. But it doesn't show the menu bar on the iPad (I am using webmediaportal for my mobile devices, not for any PC).
I have tried both Chrome and Safari and restarted MPEx and WebM services.
Any settings I am missing here?

EDIT: The menu bar isn't visible on Google Windows version either

Requiem

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 1, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Skin apparantly stopped working with Beta 0.6. Hope for it to come back, it's so much better than the original skin.

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

Have installed on a stock standard multiseat WebMP install.

All the pages appear to work OK except for "home" which gives:

HTML:
    Please include the information below when you report this error.
    WebMediaPortal version 0.5.4 (commit 7ce458f).
    Request: http://mediaserver:8080/

Sequence contains no elements
    Server stack trace:
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.ThrowIfFaultUnderstood(Message reply, MessageFault fault, String action, MessageVersion version, FaultConverter faultConverter)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
       at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
       at MPExtended.Services.MediaAccessService.Interfaces.IMediaAccessService.GetTVShowDetailedById(Nullable`1 provider, String id)
       at MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal.Models.TVEpisodeViewModel.get_Show() in C:\Users\Oxan\Documents\Projects\MPExtended\Applications\MPExtended.Applications.WebMediaPortal\Models\TVShowViewModels.cs:line 101
       at ASP._Page_Skins_BlueShift_Home_AiredEpisodes_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins\BlueShift\Home\AiredEpisodes.cshtml:line 15
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
       at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
       at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at System.Web.Mvc.HtmlHelper.RenderPartialInternal(String partialViewName, ViewDataDictionary viewData, Object model, TextWriter writer, ViewEngineCollection viewEngineCollection)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model, ViewDataDictionary viewData)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Html.PartialExtensions.Partial(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String partialViewName, Object model)
       at ASP._Page_Skins_BlueShift_Home_Index_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\WebMediaPortal\www\Skins\BlueShift\Home\Index.cshtml:line 9
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage()
       at System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
       at System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
       at System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance)
       at System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19()
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b()
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClass6.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0()
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _)
       at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End()
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d()
       at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f)
       at System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
       at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Cheers

Dragy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @thekiwi, I think that is a problem in WebMP. Maybe because you installed TVSeries plugin, but didn't yet fill the database. Thats what I make up from the error.

About 0.6 beta. I will update this when the final is out. Don't forget you can contribute yourself on Github!

thekiwi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2007
    Gisborne
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @thekiwi, I think that is a problem in WebMP. Maybe because you installed TVSeries plugin, but didn't yet fill the database. Thats what I make up from the error.

About 0.6 beta. I will update this when the final is out. Don't forget you can contribute yourself on Github!

Thanks ... I'll have a look ... but the TV Series "tab" displays OK and shows the 2 TV Shows in there as well as their individual details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom