Where does MP save recorded tv? (1 Viewer)

curls2007

February 20, 2007
This may sound stupid, but I've recorded a couple of minutes of TV just to try this out (I'm new to DVB and MP). Anyway, where are the files saved and what format are they? I also can't seem to find any setting for quality of recording like you can with ArcSoft Total Media, the only other program I've used.

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    By default they are in My Documents/Media Portal/recordings.... or something like that anyway. You can change this to anything you like from the Setup application.

They are saved as DVR-MS files. These are just MPEG-2 files with a wrapper used by Windows Media Center and the Microsoft recording engine that MediaPortal uses at the moment. There are tools out there than strip the wrapper and leave you with standard MPEG-2 files without a loss in quality. Have a search about, there are threads on here on the subject.

As for quality settings there aren't any. As DVB channels are broadcast in either MPEG-2 anyway, there is no need to compress the video that comes in, the stream can just be saved straight to disk.

Stevenw

December 20, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    This is where MediaPortal 1.15.0 saves recorded vides by default....

Windows Vista/7/8/10:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings

Windows XP:
    C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Appdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\recordings

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom