[News] While you are waiting for 1.3.0 beta.... (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    HTPC users rejoice! Read the News: While you are waiting for 1.3.0 beta....

Then join me in a toast to Deda and the Team for all the goodies coming in 1.3.0 beta! It's in the final stage of Team testing - just sorting out a few minor issues - like:

santa chimney 1.png

raffe

Portal Pro
    March 28, 2008
    Last edited:

Malakesher

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will plugin developers be able to include plugin management withing the settings menu?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Not AFAIK @Malakesher - plugins can already include settings in the Extensions plugin (though many don't -probably because it is not that clearly documented yet ;)).
    I think the first step is to get MPEM fully integrated into MP including the GUI Extensions plugin (see Future of MP Extensions - Design Concept)
    I am really excited, and grateful, that sa_ddam213 has started working on it! MPEM is great but there is room for improvement. Once we solve some of the issues with it, we MIGHT be able to look at closer integration.

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Will plugin developers be able to include plugin management withing the settings menu?
    As Dadeo said Extensions plugin gives you ability to config not only "enabled"/"disabled", "in home"/"in plugins" states but even more. No need to wait MPEM. Just unclude extension_settings.xml file in MPEI as OnlineVideos, Extensions and a few others do. :)

BTW, hope devs will introduce folder browser from this GUI Settings as new Dialog i.e. GUIDialogFolderBrowser or smth. Thanks.

Malakesher

Portal Member
    February 27, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    As Dadeo said Extensions plugin gives you ability to config not only "enabled"/"disabled", "in home"/"in plugins" states but even more. No need to wait MPEM. Just unclude extension_settings.xml file in MPEI as OnlineVideos, Extensions and a few others do. :)

BTW, hope devs will introduce folder browser from this GUI Settings as new Dialog i.e. GUIDialogFolderBrowser or smth. Thanks.

Sorry, I could have been more clear on what I meant.

I was more asking if plugin configuration could be a feature within media portal, like how media portal setting can be controlled within media portal in 1.3.0.

EDIT: Although, now that I think about it most plugins do have at least a limited amount of settings within their menu. I was just thinking about how it would be nice to not need to use the media portal configuration at all outside of MP

Last edited:

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    There might also be some seasonal themed gifts...

splashscreen-png.116336

Last edited:

Ericjuh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Really great and fine work, but release it already! I dont want to argue or something, but it feels like 1.3 final should be out already. MP 1.2 beta is released 29 april 2011 (and 1.2 final in sep 2011) and after that MP is slowly losing ground in my house to XBMC. It isnt losing ground because XBMC suits me more, but just because MP can't do what i want for a HTPC. With RASPBMC, xbmc on apple tv, integration with Ipad, etc. I want to watch a movie on my couch and continue it on my Ipad, so i can finish watching my movie in my bedroom. And that is my true definition of a complete HTPC.

Last christmas i received a new videocard and i said that i installed it on the next major release of MP. Guess what, its still in the box.. for a year. And looking at the 1.3 final release, is sceduled for releases in 12-02-2012 i think i can put my "new" gcard away for 3/4 more months.

A lot of people should wine about to my post, because its MP free etc. But its just the way i feel about it. Try focussing on main core ability's instead of the titan thema. I'm sure lots of people are going to use it, but also lots are people are not going to use it and stay with their own skin. Also the new titan skin, looks really cool, but it is just one extra skin between all the community skins.

Also i'm confused, what are you currently working on the most? is it 1.3 (and later 1.4) or are you guys putting all the effort in MP 2.0.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom