UPDATE 22.03.2013
=========
The App finally is availlable for Windows Phone 8
http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=2f4333f1-fd97-44d6-b234-1da04fd4f05b

Please Test and give me Feedback here!

Changelog:
==================
Update 2013-07-26 (0.8.0.1):
* Added Remote Control (need WifiRemote enabled on default port)
* Use System Style for Buttons ( as user selects in Phone Settings)
* Fix some smaller Bugs.

Update 2013-05-26 (0.7.1.0):
* Allow using username and password
* Allow selecting of Movie Provider
* Allow setting PreBuffer
* AudioStream-Selection now shows StreamId in case there is no name for Stream
* Settings page now checks if server settings are okay.

Update 2013-05-12(0.6.0.0):
* Fixed Memory Leak with App Crashing when watching Non-Live-Content.
* Added Statistics in Video
* Added AudioStream selection on multi-audio content.

Update 2013-04-30:
* Added TVEpisodes Streaming
* Added better startscreen layout in multi-orientation
* Fixed a Crash when loading Artworks/Covers

Update 2013-04-23:
* Added Movie Streaming
* Added new nice Buttons on the start-screen
* Added Error Reporting

Update 2013-04-16:
* Fixed a bug which causes the TVCard to keep beeing in use after stopping the stream.
* App is now usable in horizontal and vertical positioning.
==================

=========
UPDATE
=========
the new Profiles look like this, and are included in MPExtended 0.5.4 (i.e. if you're running MPExtended v0.5.4 or newer, you don't need to add them manually).
XML:
  <TranscoderProfile>
	  <Name>WP8 FFmpeg WVGA</Name>
	  <Description>WVGA Profile for WP8</Description>
	  <HasVideoStream>true</HasVideoStream>
	  <MIME>video/MP2T</MIME>
	  <MaxOutputWidth>800</MaxOutputWidth>
	  <MaxOutputHeight>480</MaxOutputHeight>
	  <Targets>
		<Target>windows-phone-ts</Target>
	  </Targets>
	  <Bandwidth>2280</Bandwidth>
	  <Transport>http</Transport>
	  <Transcoder>MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.FFMpeg</Transcoder>
	  <TranscoderParameters>
		<codecParameters>-x264opts no-cabac:trellis=0:keyint=50 -codec:v libx264 -b:v 1768k -r 25 -profile:v baseline -preset:v faster -coder rle -codec:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -ac 2 -strict experimental -sn -f mpegts -async 1000</codecParameters>
	  </TranscoderParameters>
	</TranscoderProfile>

<TranscoderProfile>
	  <Name>WP8 FFmpeg WXGA</Name>
	  <Description>WXGA  Profile for WP8</Description>
	  <MIME>video/MP2T</MIME>
	  <MaxOutputWidth>1280</MaxOutputWidth>
	  <MaxOutputHeight>768</MaxOutputHeight>
	  <Targets>
	  </Targets>
	  <Transcoder>MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.FFMpeg</Transcoder>
	  <TranscoderParameters>
		<codecParameters>-x264opts no-cabac:trellis=0:keyint=50 -codec:v libx264 -b:v 1768k -r 25 -profile:v baseline -preset:v faster -coder rle -codec:a libmp3lame -b:a 128k -ac 2 -strict experimental -sn -f mpegts -async 1000</codecParameters>
	  </TranscoderParameters>
	</TranscoderProfile>

<TranscoderProfile>
	  <Name>WP8 FFmpeg 720p</Name>
	  <Description>720p Profile for WP8</Description>
	  <MIME>video/MP2T</MIME>
	  <MaxOutputWidth>1280</MaxOutputWidth>
	  <MaxOutputHeight>720</MaxOutputHeight>
	  <Targets>
	  </Targets>
	  <TranscoderParameters>
	  </TranscoderParameters>
	</TranscoderProfile>

=========
Old Crap:

I created a WP8 App to play live-tv via MPExtended. This app needs a new StreamingProfile installed to mpextended. What the best way to submit this profile to default installation? Here is the Profile:
XML:
		<TranscoderProfile>	  <Name>WP8 High VLC</Name>	  <Description>WP8 Streaming Profile Low</Description>	  <HasVideoStream>true</HasVideoStream>	  <MIME>video/mp4</MIME>	  <MaxOutputWidth>320</MaxOutputWidth>	  <MaxOutputHeight>160</MaxOutputHeight>	  <Targets>		<Target>WP8</Target>	  </Targets>	  <Bandwidth>1280</Bandwidth>		<Transport>http</Transport>	  <Transcoder>MPExtended.Services.StreamingService.Transcoders.VLCWrapper</Transcoder>	  <TranscoderParameters>		<path>C:\Program Files (x86)\MPExtended\Service\Streaming\vlc-2.0.2\MPExtended.Libraries.VLCWrapper.exe</path>		<options>--ffmpeg-hw --sout-ffmpeg-strict=-2</options>		<encoder>threads=4,fps=25, vcodec=h264,vb=256,venc=x264{profile=baseline,preset=faster,no-cabac,trellis=0,keyint=50},deinterlace=-1,aenc=ffmpeg,acodec=mp3,ab=128,samplerate=48000,channels=2,audio-sync</encoder>		<muxer>:standard{access=file,mux=ts,dst=#OUT#}</muxer>	  </TranscoderParameters>	</TranscoderProfile>
Update: The App is in certification Process for WP8 store. as soon as this is done, i post the link to the app here. And yes - its free

Last edited:

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Awesome!

There's no support for upgrading the transcoder profiles yet, but I'm implementing it at the moment. I'll probably just add your profile to 0.5.4 :)

This will probably be changed in the future (we'll either create a directory with profile files for each client, or let the client update them through the API), but it'll take some time for that to get implemented.

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This will probably be changed in the future (we'll either create a directory with profile files for each client, or let the client update them through the API), but it'll take some time for that to get implemented.

Maybe allow Clients to InitStream with custom profileXmlNode generated by the client. this way no change is required for every new client.

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Do you think that profile will work for WP7? I assume that I just need to paste it into the streamingprofiles.xml file.

Last edited:

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you think that profile will work for WP7? I assume that I just need to paste it into the streamingprofiles.xml file.

I cant fest for wp7.
    It works on WP, but only with my app as wp8 cant decode mpegts out of the box.
    I will try to get my app working with wp7 as soon as i got a testing device.

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    What is the name of you're app?
    So I know what I'm searching for when it coming trough the Store process.... ;)

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If I read the streaming profile properly, you are using vlc to encode the original file or stream (if tv that would be mpeg2 video codec in .ts container) into an mp4 container with .h264 video codec. I think that is compatible with WP7! (depending on resolution, etc, etc,).

What I don't understand is how MPExtended recognizes the client and creates the pick-list of compatible streaming profiles.

Last edited:

jwe

Portal Pro
    November 17, 2011
    Germany/Hessen/MKK
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If I read the streaming profile properly, you are using vlc to encode the original file or stream (if tv that would be mpeg2 video codec in .ts container) into an mp4 container with .h264 video codec. I think that is compatible with WP7! (depending on resolution, etc, etc,).

What I don't understand is how MPExtended recognizes the client and creates the pick-list of compatible streaming profiles.

The Problem is: mp4 container is not available for LIVE streaming on WP. only LIVE streaming working on WP by default is Microsoft Smooth Streaming Server.

The streaming profile I created is using h264 and mp3 in an mpeg-ts stream. On Client side is a cusom mpeg-ts parser which is not implemented on WP by default. If you have a developer-unlocked WP7 phone, i can try to create an WP7 xap package for u to try if it is running on wp7

gibber

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 8, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Interesting...so you are trying to get away from the "standard" server, so copying sample applications that require a smooth streaming server would be of no use to you.
    The issue was raised by my Daughter (who has my old Lumia 710 since work provided me with an iphone). She is taking a high-school programming course that is supposed to involve either some html coding for mobile OR app development at the end of the course....I'll see if she is up to signing up as a WP student developer (free developer unlock of phone). Microsoft really did not make this easy. Previous application used was Plex server + client, which worked on WP7 and Iphone and (not very well) on Xbox; I guess that the Plex server must have a smoothstreaming server implementation. I like MPExtended better since it is open source, fast, and does not double-up on databases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom