Windows Screen Saver (1 Viewer)

daithos

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
Is it possible to invoke a windows screen saver instead of just blanking the screen. Blanking the screen has the annoying habit of turning my TV (this is not configurable on the LCD). But at the same time I don't want the CPU reduction as I wish to prevent burning on my TV.

I have the screen saver set on Windows 7 but it doesn't load, full screen directx stops it???

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Zak

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi daithos,
please try my plugin called ScreenControl, inside the configuration dialog you can enable the well known screensaver functionality.

Cheers, Micropolis

daithos

Portal Member
November 26, 2007
Hi Micropolis,

I found you plugin this morning (just before you posted it) and what can I say. Its great. Ive combined it with the electric sheep screen saver and its working like a charm. Will have a look at some of the other functionality in the plugin when Ive finished getting my setup working.

Thanks a bunch for the reply and most of all for a rather cool plugin.

Cheers
Zak

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
Is it possible to invoke a windows screen saver instead of just blanking the screen. Blanking the screen has the annoying habit of turning my TV (this is not configurable on the LCD). But at the same time I don't want the CPU reduction as I wish to prevent burning on my TV.

I have the screen saver set on Windows 7 but it doesn't load, full screen directx stops it???

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Zak

I have exactly the same problem. I can´t seem to make Windows 7 screensaver working with MP (even with this plugin). What I´m I missing here, have you resolved this yet???

Yucca

Portal Pro
August 12, 2006
Myrskylä
Home Country
Finland Finland
Hello.

I wan´t to keep this issue alive, posting a reminder for experts...
I also havn´t found any other solution / thread for this issue... ScreenContorl won´t resolve the problem.

Windows 7 screensaver DO NOT WORK in MP 1.2.0 - and up!!!

I would love to get this fixed cause I have 64" plasma and it needs a nice little screensaver. :)
So far I´ve been useing the option from the MP that avoids burn-in, but it´s not nice...

THNX

TomerBu

Portal Member
April 16, 2012
Home Country
Israel Israel
a screensaver is the thing I miss most in mp.
Any chance of getting some screensaver to work? I've read about using multishortcut but that would only work for shortcuts and not for moving pictures and mptv shows, is that right?

Thanks. I'm new to mp and just LOVE it :)

EDIT:
using the plugin "screen control" the windows screen saver will work! just goto config-->settings-->
and check the "enable background mode" radio button.
This worked for me on mp 1.2.3 on win 7 x64.
Thanks again and have a great day!

Last edited:

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    please try my plugin called ScreenControl, inside the configuration dialog you can enable the well known screensaver functionality.
    Put this plugin set up, moved to a simple home screen, waited 20 minutes, the screen saver does not appear (set to 10 minutes). What to do?
    Windows 7x64 - MP 1.7.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom