Windows will not shut down with MP minimised to system tray (1 Viewer)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    NilsG

Hide Taskbar in fullscreen mode
    no known issues have ever been related to above so most probably the other one (never used option so do not fully know).

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I can confirm this too.

I think it has something to do with the option "minimize to try on exit". With this option checked, MP simply cannot be closed and therefore Windows not be shutdown.

Flip.

mickdo

April 1, 2005
    FlipGer said:
    Hi,

I can confirm this too.

I think it has something to do with the option "minimize to try on exit". With this option checked, MP simply cannot be closed and therefore Windows not be shutdown.

Flip.
    Yeah, I think that's definitely it. When I turn that setting off everything works properly again.

Issih

Portal Member
    July 22, 2006
    I also have this behaviour, and just turning off the minimise to tray option is no kind of solution, as I use this to ensure MP is running in the background for recording purposes - at least until the new tv engine appears :).

Generally the whole minimise to tray feature is rather buggy (I think so anyway) and I posted about the problems I've been having elsewhere:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/viewtopic.php?t=17231
    don't ask me why I put it there, I think maybe I'd had too much beer..is anybody else seeing these issues - setup not working properly if minimised to tray, not releasing screen if using minimise to tray and direct X exclusive mode etc

Issih

HappyTalk

Portal Pro
    July 16, 2006
    UK
    I also get this problem of media portal holding onto the screen when you press exit (to minimise to tray). It is IMPORTANT to note it ONLY occurs while:-

Minimise to tray on GUI exit = on

Use Exclusive DirectX mode = on

TV/video/dvd is still playing, in the little box at lower left corner when exit is pressed.

I dont know if exclusive directX can be disabled when mediaplayer is minimised to the tray without interrupting the video stream? Or maybe the video can be disabled, leaving audio still running.

Roberdin

Portal Pro
    December 26, 2005
    London, United Kingdom
    I encounter this problem when MediaPortal is running, and set to be minimised in the tray. Whether something is playing, or whether DirectX is set to exclusive mode doesn't seem to have an effect.

Running an enforced shutdown (shutdown.exe -s -f -t 00) works, but the same command won't work without the force (-f) switch. Nor will a standard shutdown initiated from the start menu. Both of these create a new entry in the system event log: A warning generated from the source USER32 with the description

"The attempt to power off ROBSROOM-XP failed

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp."

My thinking is that Windows signals MediaPortal to close, but it goes to the tray and ignores the close request.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom