XMLTV MC2XML w legacy Guide problems (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    @mm1352000 : can you add an 3rd option for schedule, grab it every "x" days once per day when TV start or resume ? ( default set to 7 days)
    can be usefull for not overcharge free xmltv server.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    can you add an 3rd option for schedule, grab it every "x" days once per day when TV start or resume ? ( default set to 7 days)
    can be usefull for not overcharge free xmltv server.
    How about instead of a third option:
    upload_2014-8-15_21-59-11.png

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Good idea.(y)

An extra option or feature to run a missed action as soon as possible would be nice/necessary. E.G. the Server isn't running at 9.46.52 pm so EPG grabbing did not run. Later the day at e.g. 11.30.00 pm the Server is up (maybe due a scheduled recording). Then the task should be started as soon as the server is up...

And I also would love an option to run another task after the EPG import is finished. This is meant for episodescanner a tool that adds season and episodes numbers to epg data and needs to run after every import of fresh EPG data. Or, a lot better, add this option to TVEngine natively (XMLTV, DVB-EPG, Clickfinder,... lots of EPG sources and all could benefit of this). Scan TVDB for episodes and season numbers every time a EPG refresh has made. Caching could be done to avoid too much traffic so only previous unknown episodes are grabbed from TVDB.

ATM I'm using TaskScheduler to trigger episodescanner 15 minutes after the regular EPG refresh... But this only works reliable if the EPG grabbing is done exactly the same time every day(week). For this I need to wake up Server only for EPG grabbing, some power consumption I would like to avoid if possible.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Claus :)

An extra option or feature to run a missed action as soon as possible would be nice/necessary. E.G. the Server isn't running at 9.46.52 pm so EPG grabbing did not run. Later the day at e.g. 11.30.00 pm the Server is up (maybe due a scheduled recording). Then the task should be started as soon as the server is up...
    I'm not sure that I understand the purpose. Wouldn't it be enough to select every X days when TV service starts or resumes?

In general the XMLTV plugin retries actions until it succeeds.
    If you select "...starts or resumes...", the plugin will try once every minute while TV Server is awake.
    If you select "at this time" then the plugin will try once every minute within +/- minutes of the specified time. It is assumed there is some reason for specifying the time, so the plugin won't try to do the missed action until the next day at the same time.

And I also would love an option to run another task after the EPG import is finished. This is meant for episodescanner a tool that adds season and episodes numbers to epg data and needs to run after every import of fresh EPG data. Or, a lot better, add this option to TVEngine natively (XMLTV, DVB-EPG, Clickfinder,... lots of EPG sources and all could benefit of this). Scan TVDB for episodes and season numbers every time a EPG refresh has made. Caching could be done to avoid too much traffic so only previous unknown episodes are grabbed from TVDB.
    ATM I'm using TaskScheduler to trigger episodescanner 15 minutes after the regular EPG refresh... But this only works reliable if the EPG grabbing is done exactly the same time every day(week). For this I need to wake up Server only for EPG grabbing, some power consumption I would like to avoid if possible.
    There is already a TV Server event "ImportEpgPrograms":
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ns/PluginBase/Events/TvServerEventArgs.cs#L86

It is fired for each channel after the new programs for the channel have been imported.
    Right now I think it only works with the DVB EPG grabber, but it could be extended to EPG plugins if necessary.
    So, IMHO the right solution would be to create an "episodescanner" (or EPG post-processing) plugin that simply listens for that event and starts the program that you want to run.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Wouldn't it be enough to select every X days when TV service starts or resumes?
    Maybe most of the time. But this is not possible to me atm, due to the mentioned episodescanner. That's why I have to resume TV server every day at 11.00 am (the time I've set up as EPG grabbing time)

So, IMHO the right solution would be to create an "episodescanner" (or EPG post-processing) plugin that simply listens for that event and starts the program that you want to run.
    That would be great. Especially if there is an option to run the program after a defined time w/o new channels to have refreshed EPG. episodescanner needs some time to finish so triggering it at every finished channel would be too much, I think...

BTW I think converting episodescanner to a TVE plugin would be a better solution than to fiddle with external tools all the time. Especially as it only is usable with MP TV Engine. I don't know if it's OpenSource, but I'm pretty sure the author @disaster123 as a member of our community would provide the source if asked. Maybe he is willing to convert the tool himself. But afaik he's busy in real live atm, so probably this won't happen too soon.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Maybe most of the time. But this is not possible to me atm, due to the mentioned episodescanner. That's why I have to resume TV server every day at 11.00 am (the time I've set up as EPG grabbing time)
    Sorry, I must be missing something because I still don't understand. :(
    You schedule PowerScheduler to wake the PC at 11 AM.
    You configure your action (mc2xml, right?) for 11 AM in the XMLTV plugin (...actually it would be enough to say "on startup/resume" without specifying the time).
    You use Task Scheduler to schedule episodescanner for 11:10 (or similar), which is after mc2xml has finished and XMLTV has imported the new data.
    If XMLTV fails, how will re-running on next resume help unless you also manually re-run episodescanner?

Just trying to understand the situation properly... :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Another thing about episodescanner...
    I wonder if you could avoid Task Scheduler if you use PowerScheduler + XMLTV.
    Configure PS to wake the PC at 11, and use the run command before internal handlers are triggered to execute mc2xml.
    Then the DVB EPG grabber will start and the XMLTV plugin will automatically import the new data from mc2xml.
    Finally, you could use the XMLTV scheduled action (scheduled at a specific time - maybe 11:15) to execute episodescanner.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    If XMLTV fails, how will re-running on next resume help unless you also manually re-run episodescanner?
    If "normal" time is missed (as Server PC wasn't awake) episodescanner will rerun after server (Server PC) has started due to an option in Windows TaskScheduler. But this did not help if xmltv hasn't refreshed EPG Data then.
    Would be much easier if TVEngine could trigger episodescanner somehow. Then all this isn't needed.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Finally, you could use the XMLTV scheduled action (scheduled at a specific time - maybe 11:15) to execute episodescanner.
    This could be a great solution, but it would be better to schedule the "action" to start after XMLTV is finished. A specific time is not that flexible and you got the same issue if XMLTV isn't running at planed time. This way I can cover DVB-EPG (needed for some channels not available by mc2xml) or probably WEB-EPG (same purpose) and XMLTV at once as XMLTV will deliver the major part of EPG data and for this it lasts the longest time to finish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom