Zotac AD10 - in case anyone is interested (1 Viewer)

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just found that Fierce PC have a few in stock in the UK (barebones and plus models)
    I've just ordered mine so don't mind saying now!

Zotac ZBOX Nano Palm-Sized AMD E350 All-in-One Mini PC ZBOXNANO-AD10-B | eBay

It's about 30 quid more than currently advsertised on play/amazon etc but all the other websites I've looked at still have no estimated delivery date.

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    You do realize that you just entitled youself as the official "MediaPortal on Zotac ZBOX Nano" tester, right?

;)

Would love to hear how it works out, especially 1080p and how slow/fast MP skins are :)

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Heh, I suppose I did, yes! I will report back.

I'm not using any skins yet, as only just starting with MP. So I guess that'll probably work out quite well as I need to try them anyway.
    (And the one time i did try, I installed Maya and managed to turn off the 'make xml files' setting in the database via one of the settings in Maya while I was playing. So I took it off again as figured it was too early to start breaking things before i had everything else sorted. And the tvwishlist plugin didn't seem to work either)

It still hasn't arrived yet. Where is it? I ordered it, like, half an hour ago...

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    I have used Fierce PC in the past and the response times have been excellent.

In fact, they are based 10 mins drive from me, so last time I wanted something I went and collected it.

Great company to buy with.

You've got me looking at AD10 specs now.....

M.

foxbenw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 12, 2011
    Welwyn Garden City
    Home Country
    Yep, all good from them so far. It's being delivered to work tomorrow. so I'll have to sit and watch it do nothing for a few hours...
    I hope the specs are up to it! I've been waiting to get one as it's so tiny.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Wow this looks like a great box!

All the small/cheap boxes I have been looking at have dubious graphic capabilities - but this sounds very good - perfect even - AMD's E-350 Fusion APU on the desktop - The Tech Report - Page 18

Love to hear about the noise (or lack of) and how it handles MP skins and big video files

Also how does the nano compare to the AD02 - Zotac Zbox AMD Fusion E-350 Barebone | Ebuyer.com

Seems like near identical, but nano has bluetooth and room for less ram.

I'd guess the AD02 could be better as its bigger = better cooling?

Update: Might go with the AD10 due to the Infra red

'The system comes with 2 IR receivers, one on the front and the other is USB. This means you are able to use the USB one if you have the ZBOX Nano out of sight. '

Seems like the AD02 doesnt have IR at all. So thats out.

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    Right in two minds now - been speccing up the AD10, with Windows, 4GB of RAM and a small SSD drive.

then I see I can get a laptop such as the Lenovo IdeaPad S205 with windows installed for £279
    (Lenovo IdeaPad S205 11.6 inch Notebook (AMD E350 1.6GHz, RAM 2GB, HDD 320GB, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Windows 7 Home Premium) - Black: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories)

So now I'm wondering if i should look at getting a laptop - then i could pick up the client and use it as a portable TV around the house.
    However - no IR port, no VESA mount, possibly a noisier fan?

My current plan is the AD10, 4GB of RAM (~£17) and a 60GB SATA3 SSD (£80). There is a SATA2 SSD for £50, but its a lot slower than the SATA3 one (185MB/sec vs 500MB/sec).

In total, about £370 with a Windows license. So thats why I look at the laptop at £279 - I could put the SSD in that, and get a IR adapter? decisions...

Then theres problems like this 'The S205 doesn’t get too hot and even if it does, most of it is on the bottom and goes out through the fans. About those- they tend to go loud from time to time, not necessarily when you’re doing something more demanding with the notebook. The noise is not too much of a problem, but you will notice it, that’s for sure.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom