TV-Server 0002924: gentle.config connect string not updated accordingly by configuration.exe. (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
I borrowed a MP singleseat install for troubleshooting purposes.<br /> This PC is called PC1.<br /> <br /> At home configured the servername in MP config to point to my home server called "server".<br /> <br /> I then stopped tvservice on PC1.<br /> <br /> Once I was done with the PC1, I returned the PC to the user.<br /> <br /> I configured servername back to "PC1" again.<br /> <br /> When running MP, it would stop at "loading plugings".<br /> Disabling tvplugin made it load properly.<br /> <br /> The culprit seems to be that gentle.config isn't properly updated with the correct connect string.<br /> <br /> <br /> It was:<br /> <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=****;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=tvlibrary;Data Source=server\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300;" /><br /> <br /> It should have been:<br /> <br /> <DefaultProvider name="SQLServer" connectionString="Password=****;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=sa;Initial Catalog=tvlibrary;Data Source=PC1\SQLEXPRESS;Connection Timeout=300;" /><br /> <br /> Pay attention to the source key ... Source=server VS Source=PC1<br /> <br /> I had to manually edit this key, nothing did it for me automatically.<br /> <br /> On a sidenote, if servername in mp config is empty, the current local PC name would be saved to mp.xml when running MP.<br /> <br /> configuration.exe and tvplugin.dll should update gentle.config file.<br /> <br /> I seem to remember arion_p did some changes to gentle.net allowing it to see these changes without having to restart the app.

Continue reading...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom