1.32 x64 doesn't offer upgrade? (1 Viewer)

gpnash

Portal Pro
March 2, 2015
Linden, Michigan
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm surprised. MediaPortal has always been easy to move forward with. Each release building on the last, until x64 that is.
Ran the installer and it installed the x64 version beside and partially on top of my old 1.31 x86 version.
and you guessed it, when I tried to remove it, it corupted the 1.31 x86 version so I'm left with a bit of a mess.

It would have been nice if the x64 version upgraded the old version or at least installed separately beside the x86 version.
A warning would have been appreciated.

I'm off to see what, if anything I can recover.

david_31262

Portal Member
September 21, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Thanks for posing this. I haven't updated in awhile. I'm going to stick with x86 for now.

Bummer that no one else chimed in here. Seems like Media Portal isn't very active anymore (maybe everyone is going to Plex or Kodi).

I mostly use Media Portal to manage OTA recording. There seems to be less and less on free TV every season.

joecrow

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for posing this. I haven't updated in awhile. I'm going to stick with x86 for now.

Bummer that no one else chimed in here. (maybe everyone is going to Plex or Kodi).

I mostly use Media Portal to manage OTA recording. There seems to be less and less on free TV every season.
    The OP was prior to the current release in Feburary this year of MP 1.33 which resolved a number of installation issues present in MP 1.32 particularly the x64 version and has been very thoroughly tested in a variety of scenarios, none the less it is important to bear in mind that since MP 1.33 x64 now includes an x64 version of the TV Server a direct upgrade path from previous x86 versions is not fully supported as I understand it. In addition only x64/Any CPU versions of plugins will function properly with the x64 version. Without going into details if you want to upgrade to x64 best is to save the settings and plugin setups, uninstall the old x86 version then do a fresh install of the x64 version and desired x64 compatible plugins then manually transfer the saved setups to it. Either that or stay on x86 and just upgrade to x86 version of MP 1.33!
    Given that the MP1.33 release in Feb. this year includes such extensive and major works to bring it up to a full x64 version with most of the popular plugins having also been upgraded to run with x64 and a major migration of the Online Videos plugin to get it working more reliably with Netflix etc. on top of a recent MP 2 release I find it very hard to understand how you can justify your comment that "Seems like Media Portal isn't very active anymore"o_O

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom