1.34 1.34 clean install fails at SQL test (1 Viewer)

sortie

Portal Member
April 7, 2021
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
Hi,

went from a 1.29 install (working, reinstalled for other reasons) on a fairly fresh and fully updated Windows 10 system for a complete wipe (full MP cleanup through uninstaller) to 1.34 and had the SQL test fail (se attached dump) during TV server installation. Skipped and had the installation finish but of course had the same problem when trying to start TV Server configuration. I have performed quite a few MP installations over almost twenty years but this one is new to me.

I did notice that there has been a change (from MySQL to MariaDB) and tried a new full cleanup + manual delete of leftovers (folders in program + program data usually are not deleted by the uninstaller). Also uninstalled MySQL and MariaDB, deleted leftover folders and ran CCleaner for registry leftovers. Same result.

After a few more attempts, among them installing as administrator, I just searched for the last version using MySQL (1.33), performed a new full cleanup and installed without a problem.

Because of the thorough cleanup procedures I have not got any logs, unfortunately, but the error message clearly states the db for some reason was tested with password YES. Values in the database setup window could be altered but not saved. Everything (host name as well - exactly the same as with previous installations on this system) looked correct until the test fail, though.

I can see that this problem was mentioned in the News/1.34 release thread but nothing about a solution and no, I do not do db work :). Edit: x64 version and yes, host name (although correct) was blanked out by me.

Edit #2: Could "using password: YES" be a simple confirmation that the test was performed WITH password (instead of "using password: NO")? This way it actually could have used the correct (MediaPortal) password. Well, something is wrong either way.

Regards,

Attachments

• 2024-08-20 (3).png
    2024-08-20 (3).png
    127 KB
Last edited:

Vhasst

September 2, 2024
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
Having exactly this issue upon performing a clean install of MediaPortal 1.34 64 bit on a clean Windows 11 install, off to try 1.33

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom