[no Bug] 1.9 Pre Whoopsies (1 Viewer)

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Not sure if this iis the correct forum - sorry if not (haven't tried to do a Bugzilla either).#

Just installed 1.9 PreRelease (upgrade as I couldn't face putting the channels in/combining/epg/etc. again - sob!)

Took a bit of doing since it dowloaded mySQL again (I was on 5.6.1 already as I had 1.8 Final installed) and then had an issue with starting - reboot sorted that out.

1) Click on the MediaPortal icon, keeps going to the Config. Rebooted and MP DID open MP. Allowed me to shutdown MP too, 1.8 didn't!

2) Microsoft IR Remote did not work, more precisely worked to get into a screen (Recordings) but could not 'back out'.

3) I have a classic theme (easier on my eyes) but this has not worked for this or 1.8 on the server.

Oddly it does work fine on the clients.

On booting MP it seems to hang on the 'Initialising Input Devices' message.

Logs (and my Titan Classic theme attached, if it's too massive them feel free to delete it - sorry).

OK, that's it - all stoppers for me, back to the earlier version.

Again sorry if wrong place please move if so.

James D Westoby

Attachments

• Classic.zip
      8.4 MB
    Last edited by a moderator:

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

1) Click on the MediaPortal icon, keeps going to the Config.
    That sounds like the MediaPortal.xml config file is missing. That's weird after an upgrade, since that should be untouched. The first time you start MP without a configuration file, it opens the Configuration. Hit OK and only then, it saves this file. If you click cancel, it will open Configuration again when you start MP, till the file is saved. But like i said, that file should be untouched after an upgrade.

2) Microsoft IR Remote did not work, more precisely worked to get into a screen (Recordings) but could not 'back out'.
    Looks like the 'exit' points to a wrong window id:
    Code:
    [2014-08-19 20:23:43,346] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: Deactivation request received
    [2014-08-19 20:23:43,346] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - GUIWindowManager: Could not find window 2012

On booting MP it seems to hang on the 'Initialising Input Devices' message.
    Seems related to a font. Did you change this for your Classic theme?
    Code:
    [2014-08-19 20:21:50,792] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - TextureLoader.CreateFile C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Cache\Titan\fonts\fontB100_337.dds
    [2014-08-19 20:21:52,087] [Error  ] [MPMain   ] [ERROR] - D3D: InitializeDeviceObjects - Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFont.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortalApp.InitializeDeviceObjects()
       at MediaPortal.D3D.InitializeDevice()

Start MP with the WatchDog (option #1) and try again with the default skin.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    1) Yes, I tried both an upgrade initially and then a new install - but it kept going back to the config (more than once) so that WAS odd.

2) IR remote, I hadn't done anything unusual ('onest guv).

3) No, nothing on the fonts - I quite like the Titan font. The fact that it works fine on the clients is odd.

Basically when I install on the clients - install, run the config to point to the TV server and NAS shares, run MP quit out and then set the Classic theme.

On the server (actually a singleseat install) it's a little bit more involved purely due to setting up the TV/Radio channels, but after that same as above.

In fact I copied the exact same Classic theme folder from the client to the Server (haven't actually changed the theme over the last 4 releases) and then set the theme to Classic, restart MP and it hangs!

I did try starting it in Derbug mode, but that disables plugins and uses the default skinn(Titan) which works fine anyway - so that didn't help. is the watchdog not normally running? Have to look at that......

Thank you for the reply HomeY - when I get some time (it IS our TV after all) I might try it again with an eye to what you've pointed out above.
    (Backup, restore, try new install, fiddle, fiddle, break, logs, restore - takes a bit of time.)

I think it needs a REALLY big hammer taken to it - just to show it who's boss :D

Lastly thank you to whoever moved my post to the correct forum - sorry 'bout that.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    is the watchdog not normally running? Have to look at that......
    That's the way the WatchDog works. At least option 1 disables all plugins and uses the default skin. If the problem is not reproducable with our core components, you have to find the issue in either a plugin or the skin, which you kinda did with the reply above. Since Titan seems to run fine, i suspect your Classic Theme to be the cause of the problem(s).

(Backup, restore, try new install, fiddle, fiddle, break, logs, restore - takes a bit of time.)
    After a clean install, just zip up the Program Files/Data folders and you've got your backup ;)
    If you messed them up, just extract the zips again, and you're back to a working setup.

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Hi HomeY

Not arguing that (well, not directly anyway) but it is a REALLY boring skin (more like old MP, no flashy graphics and a straight list of up/down buttons).

According to the Titan the 2012 id is the DialogMenu.xml - which I don't override at all (see zip) attached).

In fact most of these are for specific plugins of mine (Torch, Automator, Internet Radio) - none of which have or reference id 2012.

I've just installed MP1.9 Pre and NOT loaded my plugins set the theme to [my] classic and it fails to come up!

Now as far as I understand it should get the xml file from Titan >unless< it is overridden in the theme - correct?

If it is failing on the 2012 then surely it isn't doing that....

I've got 1.9 up at the moment so I'll pull my xml files out and see if it comes up at all with Classic with NO files!

Attachments

• Classic.zip
      20.2 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I think it's best for a skinner to comment on this, since that's not really my area of expertise.
    @wizard123 or @Pog any comments/tips for him?

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Stuff it, stuff it, stuff it.

I have a copy of the fonts.xml (which has a larger version of the Titan fonts for my digital clock - 72 pt or some such).

Take that out and it works.

Aw pants!!!!!

Apologies for thinking bad things about MP ;D.

Thank you for your help HomeY(although I'm STILL confised as to why it works on the clients).

JDWestoby

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 9, 2008
    Poltimore, Devon
    Home Country
    Yup, both Win7 32 bit.

One is Enterprise and the clients are Starter.

If I take the existing fonts.xml and just add [my] large font to it - it works too.

Very odd, BUT, don't want to distract you from serious things - get those bugs out and get me 1.9 final ;D!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom