MediaPortal Skin: Razor
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Celeron - 2.53GHz
Memory: 766 MB
Motherboard: P4V8X-X (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: PVR 350
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: SHSPVR
Video Card Model: Radeon 9200 Series (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: -
Video Card Resolution: 1360x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

Using this latest CVS build, I have 100% CPU usage in my videos (big icons). It seems responsive, but nevertheless uses 100% CPU.

Playing content takes 10-20% CPU and even popup (F9) windows brings the PC out of 100% usage.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is this during the generation of the thumbnails?

Check to see if thumbnail copies are made, also try to disable post-processing on the XviD/DivX codecs, and finally you could try to disable the Windows internal function by doing the following steps:

1. Open up regedit
    2. Goto HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\.avi\shellex\PropertyHandler
    3. Delete the "Default" value which should be "{87D62D94-71B3-4b9a-9489-5FE6850DC73E}\InProcServer32"

Of course make a backup first, so you can undo it if needed.

This eliminates the 95-100% usage that Windows suffers from itself with DivX/XviD file previews as well, it will also allow you to immediatly delete an AVI file and not get the annoying error "this file is in use" when you do it too quick.

Please reply if any of those steps led to a solution for you, so we can close this one.

imported_Rybber

March 24, 2006
    Hi

It happens by just entering My Movies. I haven't enve stated playing anything.

I don't use ffdshow or any other postprocessing tool.

It's steady at 100%, it's not like it loading some info about the movie. It happen when I have selected a folder too, or in the menu.

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Are you going to argue the merrits, or did you actually try any of my suggestions?

I've fixed countless of 100% CPU usage problems via this, and I was reffering to the official DivX codec and whatever XviD codec you might use, Nic's, Knoepe's, etc... they all got post-processing options.

And these options have nothing to do with the MediaPortal option for postprocessing, but are internal for the codec, for DivX you need to use the following

Start -> (All) Programs -> DivX -> DivX Codec -> Decoder Configuration Utility

And entering MyMovies might already be enough to activate that part, same as opening a folder view in Windows is enough to kick in the same behaviour if thumbnail view is enabled.

It might not be the problem you have, but until you take the steps I suggested to eliminate known causes, we will never know.

imported_Rybber

March 24, 2006
    Hi again

I tried the regedit hack. It kinda worked. That is, now when entering myTV, CPU load is 100% for a short while, then drops to around 50%

But it's still much higher than in any other menu?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom