16x9 using 800x600? (1 Viewer)

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Started putting together my HTPC and might have a problem when i come to use my plasma TV.

It isn't the best screen in the world, but it was pretty cheap at the time and has done well so far. The only decent looking resolution i can display through it is 800x600. However it stretches this over the full width of the screen. Can MediaPortal sqash everything down from 16x9 to 4x3 for the TV to stretch back out to the right ratio? Basically creating an anamorphic video signal.

I haven't trawled through MPs setting and am away on business for the next couple of weeks. Iæm eager to get this going when i get home :)

thanks for any help you can give.

mPod

Portal Pro
    January 26, 2005
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Output to your TV, open MP, go to "Settings / Screen Calib. / Screen Calib." and do the your adjustments.
    In step 4 (Pixel Ratio Adjustment) you see a square/rectangle. Adjust this rectangle to make it look like a perfect square on your screen.
    After you did that, MP uses these values for screen calibration. Means: This produces your anamorphic signal.

You also might wanna adjust "Settings / Screen Calib. / UI Calibration" and adjust the values there so you almost can't see the green border anymore (if you wanna use underscan) or the red border (if you wanna use overscan).

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    cool, thanks man. I thought it would probably be possible, but didnæt know where to look :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom