2.1 Pre : Some suggestions (1 Viewer)

Cordraconis

Portal Pro
July 26, 2016
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
<cut and paste from another post>

- .MPG files are not found in the Series of movies sections. Maybe implement a .ini file where custom extentions can be put?
- implement SOCKS5 support. This opens Tor and other privacy capabilities (ISP does not need to know I run MP or what I watch.) Also it opens Polipo support in Server environments...
- reminder feature in EPG
- (Already suggested in Feture Request forum) "radio channels" listing and/or better support for it. It would be nice to have a standard DVB-C radio station running when you boot MP2.)

Timhoh1234

Portal Pro
September 29, 2015
Home Country
Germany Germany
- reminder feature in EPG
What do you like to be reminded for?

- (Already suggested in Feture Request forum) "radio channels" listing and/or better support for it. It would be nice to have a standard DVB-C radio station running when you boot MP2.)
Yes, I'd also like to have a seperate radio button in audio group. For me it would be enough to open a radio EPG.
Please not 4-5 different EPG's as in TV section :notworthy: Those are really confusing and I think nobody needs them or is using them.

Anthony Parry

Portal Pro
October 25, 2016
Home Country
Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
MP1 had an optional reminder for programmes about to start (Really useful for me as i always miss the start of programmes i want to watch but dont feel the need to record) I wouldn't want several reminders though - MP1 lets you chose the reminder notice time (IE 30 seconds before start etc) in the settings panel.

Also MP1 had an optional on screen popup to say a recording had started and finished like "Recording started: EastEnders BBC One" I can't remember why this one was useful, but it was nice to have!

I've MP2 also doesn't handle multiple simultaneous recordings well. MP1 would only allow recording or streaming to match the available tuners, and would popup on screen if there was too many recordings scheduled for the streams available and ask if you wanted to skip or record this instead etc. MP2 allows an infinite number of recordings to be scheduled and so not all programmes get recorded. I know how many tuners are available for channels, so on a night of good telly i will spread out recordings across +1 channels, repeats etc, but my other half will just keep hitting record not knowing that some will fail. It's then my fault that recordings are missing! :(

It would be great to see this functionality pulled back into MP2 to make the experience even better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom