2.3.3589 suddenly crashing? (1 Viewer)

pk74

Portal Member
December 2, 2009
Tonight, 2.3.3589 suddenly started crashing on me when browsing through the available series. It never seems to be the same series that it stops on either, it's now done it on at least half of them. It worked fine up to yesterday!

I did make a minor change to my directory structures this morning, but I cleared the DB and used the config tool to re-import all of the series/episodes. I CAN browse/play shows, but if I try to scroll more than a few of the series, even one at a time with a few seconds pause in between, it just...freezes.

Attached is a set of logs from after the freeze.
:D

View attachment 51207

pk74

Portal Member
December 2, 2009
Here's a screenshot of the freeze in action! Note that it did not have time to cycle the background from 'army wives' to 'V' before it froze. The artwork is there for both tho, and displays properly if I browse the folders.

iz96vb.jpg

newfangled

April 25, 2008
I had the exact same problem that started on the weekend. My log is the same too - looks like a directx error coming from the font renderer?

I'm not 100% sure that it had to do with mytvseries, because I could get it to lock up under Moving Pictures, and in the main mediaportal screen as well. The mytvseries series view was definitely the easiest place to cause the crashes though, with only a few button presses usually doing it.

I tried a whole bunch of things. Finally I ditched the latest Nvidia drivers. (I went all the way back to 190xx because the more recent ones haven't handled my second monitor properly)

With the older drivers, it looks like things are working again.

pk74

Portal Member
December 2, 2009
...spooky!

FYI - I also ended up rolling back my drivers to 186.xxx due to another issue (overscan not being handled properly), and my crashing problem stopped - so abruptly that I completely forgot about it until you replied.

newfangled

April 25, 2008
Glad it's not just me. And glad that the driver change really did fix it, and I don't have to worry that it will pop up again.

Just to make this thread googleable for anyone else who might have the problem, I'm going to post a snippet of your log file:

2009-12-06 02:05:21.420596 [Info.][MPMain]: render exception: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.CachedTexture.FontEngineDrawTexture(Int32 textureNo, Single x, Single y, Single nw, Single nh, Single uoff, Single voff, Single umax, Single vmax, Int32 color, Single[,] matrix)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.CachedTexture.Frame.Draw(Single x, Single y, Single nw, Single nh, Single uoff, Single voff, Single umax, Single vmax, Int32 color)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIImage.Render(Single timePassed)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIThumbnailPanel.RenderItem(Single timePassed, Int32 iButton, Boolean bFocus, Int32 dwPosX, Int32 dwPosY, GUIListItem pItem, Boolean buttonOnly)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIThumbnailPanel.Render(Single timePassed)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFacadeControl.Render(Single timePassed)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIControl.DoRender(Single timePassed, UInt32 currentTime)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIGroup.Render(Single timePassed)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindow.Render(Single timePassed)
2009-12-06 02:05:21.428408 [Info.][MPMain]: Exception : System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.FontEnginePresentTextures()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIFontManager.Present()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUILayerManager.Render(Single timePassed)
at MediaPortalApp.Render(Single timePassed)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom