2* FloppyDTV on 1 LNB (1 Viewer)

ronald2oo2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 15, 2005
    Netherlands
    I recently got my second FDTV. Can somebody advice the best settings in TVServer when using 2 tuners on 1 LNB?

Should I setup a LNB1 for Card 1 and a LNB2 for card 2 or setup both cards with LNB1, or some other setting?

Is it best to set 1 card for recording and the other for watching or use both cards for both activities?

I (think I) know there are issues with simulatanous using channels from different transponders. Are there other issues I should be aware of?

Thanx for your advices.

Cheers,
    Ronald

funkstar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 9, 2005
    Home
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    This is something i've been wondering about for a while.

I work offshore in the North Sea and the platforms have Sky satelite TV. Most places have a bank of Sky STBs all connected to RF modulators which then send the TV round coax cable to all the TVs on the platform. Surely they don't have 20 - 30 LNBs on their dish?

The last platform i was a lot smaller than most, they had a Sky box connected to each TV, so they are sending the complete satelite signal over coax to each STB. Again, surely they don't have 40+ LNBs?

So i'm assuming they just split the signal between all the recievers. If they can do this, why can't we do it with two satelite cards?

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    If you have a twin LNB then you can connect 2 cards to one LNB.
    If you have a single LNB, then thats it. you can only connect one TV-Card.

If you have a house where you have one SAT-dish and lets say 8 Antenna sockets, then you need a decent solution.
    Which would be a Quad-LNB + switching matrice
    View attachment 1896

full catalouge can be found ::here::

DonBogo

Portal Pro
    July 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    My setup

About satellite reception I've installed a quadruple LNB - each output directly connected to an antenna socket.
    So I have four independent rooms.
    It's an intermediate not to much expensive way.

In my case I should bring 2 satellite cables from LNB to PC if I want to install a second DVB-S card (stealing a cable from another room).

If you use 2 cards on the same LNB output you can watch 2 different channels ONLY if they are on the same frequency, maybe same polarization but it's not guaranteed.

Regards,
    Daniele

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom