Ongoing 2 LNB's on one DVB-S card (1 Viewer)

frenzy

Portal Pro
April 29, 2008
Home Country
France France
Country flag
I Have a question regarding my DVB-S card: Is it possible to add a second LNB through a diseqc switch? I mean does every card support a diseqc or is it possible that my card will not be able to switch lnb? And is there a possibility of damage to the card?

My card is the Gigabyte GT-PS700

Thanks

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I mean does every card support a diseqc

No i don't think they do. I had a quick look at the spec of your card and it doesn't mention anything about being able to control a diseqc switch at all. I therefore assume that it doesn't work with one.

There may be other ways that you can do this but it will probably be a lot more involved than just getting a card that supports it natively.

Regards

Kev

AIstudio

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2007
    Blackpool
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Unfortunately I have no further info on how you may be able to do that?
    I am assuming that somewhere someone has probably done what you want, but with lord knows how many bits and pieces etc etc etc.
    I would say it may be better (and easier) to get a card that does support the diseqc switching and then sell your card on fleabay.

Regards

Kev

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS und tcpip.sys in stacktrace) but that seamed related to my network card: after installing the driver from the mainboard website, it runs stable. I'm still surprised that the power delivered by the PCIe...
    I'm now using the Digital Devices Cine S2 V7A. I had 2 blue screens when recording + network load (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION with NSIS...
    Hello I'm searching a PCIe DVB-S2 tv card. In 2018/2019, I already tried three cards: TerraTec Cinergy S2 PCIe Dual 2x interne...
    Replies
    Views
    Today I did send a reminder to DD, since 09-2020 no news from them about new drivers. 3.0.2.211 x64 seems to work for me to, but DD told me, those where beta drivers, and some cards did have problems with them. Here you can find stable older drivers, Digital Devices Store But 3.0.3.224 did not work for me, so the latest stable...
    Today I did send a reminder to DD, since 09-2020 no news from them about new drivers. 3.0.2.211 x64 seems to work for me to, but...
    I recently upgraded my somewhat ancient 1.16 installation to the latest version, 1.25, and have a couple of problems, but the most...
    Replies
    Views
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be safe but make sure you have a backup before you try this! Simple scenario to demonstrate. 2 cards both on A/B diseqc switches. In each case A connects to LNB pointed at Satelite 1, and B to Sat 2...
    In lieu of a likely modification to TV Setup module, I have devised my own workaround, using SQL. Here is a quick resume. Should be...
    Started on: 2020-08-25 last update: 2020-08-25 Summary: Add the ability to sort or restrict channels by group in mapping dialog...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there are severe problems with the plugins at the moment, I can try to analyze causes and find possible solutions. However, this will currently only have low priority, as I am responsible for employees and...
    Hi catavolt, selling this HTPC does not mean that I will no longer be available to the community as a plugin developer. If there...
    After many years as a MediaPortal supporter and plugin developer I will now have to say goodbye to my beloved HTPC for personal...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a solution for a couple of days but I've been yet unsuccessful. I'm trying to use an old HP Touchsmart (iq500) as a TV screen to live stream my PS2, as I haven't got enough room/money for a new TV. The...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Hi, I'm quite new to this forum so please excuse me if I'm short on my understanding on how this works, I've been trying to find a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom