2 requestes - possibly as plugins (1 Viewer)

htpcNoob

Portal Pro
January 23, 2005
I have 2 requests for plugins

1) A systeminfo plugin perhaps that will show cpu usage / mem info / disk space usage etc. Perhaps at the bottom or top corner of the screen. Sorta like what samurize but more intergrated to MP. I currently want to monitor the cpu usage while running MP without using the taskmanager as an "always on top" window.

2) An "hourglass" plugin - an (animated) icon that shows up on the screen when the main thread is busy (eg: when swithing from main menu to my tv or viewing music files in folders). Currently i have some large music directories and loading them often takes a while. Having a guide showing that MP is busy would really make things better

IceBaer

June 16, 2005
Hi htpcNoob,

1) is already implemented as a myStatus-plugin together with MBM5. It shows current CPU usage and more.
Allthough you won't see it on each page, there's one status page with all the information in it.

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Allthough you won't see it on each page
    Well If you edit the xml files you can choose where to display what information. There is a small how-to on the wiki page of this plugin.

I currently want to monitor the cpu usage while running MP without using the taskmanager
    That's what VFD-Displays are good for ;) E.g. LCDSmartie draws a nice bar showing CPU Usage.

Currently i have some large music directories and loading them often takes a while
    This is not MP running at 99% cpu but Windows / NTFS's io-system stalling.. I think it would be hard to implement a reliable indicator for this.

It would be nice to have a "dumb" animation like MCE starting on opening music directories which disappears as the list is rendering..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom