20TB fileserver (1 Viewer)

u095538

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 18, 2008
    Newcastle
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    My HTPC streams its content from the file-server in my flat (multi-seat setup). I have made a video of the file server; this thread is my shameless advertising to the YouTube video:

20TB Fileserver (YouTube)

The fileserver case is a "Norco-RPC-4220" which has 20 SATAII HDD cages for massive storage...
    ...tell me what you think!

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    Awesome dude, I'm currently hovering around the 6Tb mark, but once I move I'll definitely look at something a bit more serverish!

allanp81

Portal Pro
    October 24, 2006
    How much of the 20Tb have you used up? What sort of transfer rates do you get? I'm assuming you have gigabit networking as well?

slimmj0k3r

Portal Member
    December 28, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Excellent setup!

How are you saving your movies? .iso backups? I've been having the hardest time getting subtitles to work on and off as seen in your video. Recently I've been ripping without subs and only keeping forced subs, sucks but it works for now.

n4orcer

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2008
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Just what I was not supposed to see... :) Been planning something similar for about a year now but never really got that balance of needs/expand/price right. Your solution looks very promising to what I have for demands and my wallet is starting to glow to be used... My Acer Easy-store suddenly looks very small and in need for an upgrade! :)

Very impressive! :D

If you do not mind me asking, but what OS do you run, RAID level and do you have any specific software to get everything working smoothly or is it just Windows + Mediaportal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom