Operating System 30Hz for 30p movies in Windows XP (1 Viewer)

Nova eXelon

Portal Member
March 21, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

when I play a movie with 24p, of course I switch the desktop frequency to 24Hz, to have stutter-free viewing. The same goes for 25p. Problem is 30Hz.

My TV (Toshiba 47Z3030D) is connected via HDMI and all available resolutions and frequencies are automacially there, well sure thing. That meens I can switch between 24/25/30/50/60 all fine, but with 30Hz all I get is a black screen, until my TV thinks, that there is no incoming signal and turns to blue.

So for a long time I thought that my TV doesn't support 30Hz for some reason. And than comes Win7. Here it works! The text is not as sharp as in other frequencies, but it works fine and I no longer have stutter in 30p movies. The light blurry text looks like 720p on a 1080p display, but for movies it is not blurry enough to make it bad looking.

I tried custom resolution in the nVidia Control Center, but I couldn't figure out the right combination.

I have Win7 64Bit and XP 32Bit and each OS has it's purpose. Win7 for gaming and XP for everything else. And I don't want to change that.
So what does Win7 different and how are you watching 30p movies/videos in XP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom