Operating System (6 Viewers)

Discuss everything about Operating Systems in here.
MP1 MP2 WSE 2019 / WSE 2022 DE
@ajs Thank you, that gives me the hope to try.
@ajs Thank you, that gives me the hope to try.
I‘m planning to create a new server that also should be used for a MP1 TV sever. But I should know if I can install and run the MP...
Replies
Views
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Clean Boot Your System to Stop Launching of the DCFWinService at the System Startup
Hello, DFS.AGENT.WinService uses 100% of CPU usage on windows 10 Laptop. So the CPU fan always runs to refresh the CPU. What is...
Replies
Views
Yes, because Windows start all system services at first, like network, etc. this takes a time. MP2-Server is a service, but needs other services, like the network service or mysql in some cases. MP2 self is a autostart programm and these starts at first when all services are started. In my case I see now difference between Win 7 or...
Yes, because Windows start all system services at first, like network, etc. this takes a time. MP2-Server is a service, but needs...
Hello guys, I have moved to Windows 10 since a few months. Everything works fine so far. What bothers me is that the interface...
Replies
Views
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close down MediaPortal - I used to use the Exit MediaPortal with options - and now use the power button on my remote to put the computer to sleep and then turn off the power to the computer. It's a bit clunky, bit...
Okay. Thanks for letting me know. My workaround for the moment is to use the Exit MediaPortal (without options) button to close...
I like my HTPC to shut down when I hit the power button on my remote control. The problem is that an MCE remote actually sends the...
Replies
Views
IMHO Make backup image of Win 7, Free upgrade Win 7 to Win 10, check actiovation, anf if Ok, reinstall Win 10 from scratch :)
IMHO Make backup image of Win 7, Free upgrade Win 7 to Win 10, check actiovation, anf if Ok, reinstall Win 10 from scratch :)
My HTPC has run pretty well for years with Win 7 Pro x64, but since MS is dropping support and a few problems have cropped up, I...
Replies
Views
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going blind! thanks again
I snuck in the upgrade tonight after the mrs went to bed.. works perfectly. no idea why I couldn't see that initially... going...
After upgrading my MediaPortal in the living room from Windows 7 to 10 I noticed a new volume OSD in the top left corner of the...
Replies
Views
The only setting that I made is an automatic login. everything else does not interfere and works fine :):whistle::coffee:
The only setting that I made is an automatic login. everything else does not interfere and works fine :):whistle::coffee:
I have Windows 1o Pro - Version 1809. Is there a list exist for important or recommend settings for Win10 user? I try to optimize...
Replies
Views
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy understanding of audio sync is latency is handled by the standard automatically. If you're adjusting the audio delay do it in MP not your amp as the amp will adjust for everything it receives over the HDMI link which...
That's strange. Using WASAPI over Directsound would mean less latency between the player and the amplifier but my hazy...
As the thread title suggests, I'm having issues with Windows set to 5.1 speakers config. My HTPC is connected with an hdmi lead to...
Replies
Views
Sorry, but for me that is no real double posting. One is written in German and located in the germans subforum and one is here in English for not Germans. I do not think, that all Germans handle English quite well (maybe me included) and definetly not all "Not-German" understand German.....
Sorry, but for me that is no real double posting. One is written in German and located in the germans subforum and one is here in...
Hi, I am using mp really a long time, but when the system works fine I do not touch it. (Or my wife do not allow me to....) Now...
Replies
Views
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
i try it tool remove net = nothing !
Has anyone successfully installed MP2 on Windows 10? I installed MP2 on Windows 8.1 Home BEFORE upgrading. That seems to be fine...
Replies
Views
Both of you should post logs as described here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Submit_a_Bug_Report
Both of you should post logs as described here: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/Submit_a_Bug_Report
I'm having an issue with MediaPortal 1 and Windows 10. Whenever I reboot my HTPC I have to manually access the network before I...
Replies
Views
That's an assumption. It could be a compatibility issue between the DD tuner hardware/driver and the motherboard chipset hardware/driver and/or BIOS. In such cases the fault could be on either side. I cannot do anything with such problems. If you haven't already done so, please report the problem to DD and your motherboard vendor.
That's an assumption. It could be a compatibility issue between the DD tuner hardware/driver and the motherboard chipset...
Hi, since I have Windows 10 I have a lot of BlueScreens, just today it were 4 in sum. I'm really tired of the aweful driver...
Replies
Views
The devcon utility can be used to disable and re-enable devices. Having said that, it is highly highly unusual for such an action to be necessary for a GPU. Before recommending devcon, I'd recommend: Ensure you're running the newest official, stable driver. If the problem occurs in connection with MediaPortal, throw some log files...
The devcon utility can be used to disable and re-enable devices. Having said that, it is highly highly unusual for such an action...
Hi When my pc resumes from standby, I get artefacts on the display, I'm on Win7 64 ultimate, with built in hd4000 graphics...
Replies
Views
Bad boy hehe
Bad boy hehe
Hi all, I have a Win 7 client and a Win 8 server PC. With all the hype of Windows 8, I was wondering if I should just stick with...
Replies
Views
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The pin 19 trick never worked on the 680. It just caused MediaPortal to crash in a slightly more graceful way. Using a HDMI doctor worked 90% of the time but it seems like an expensive fix for what is...
No, it's the same. The only way I managed to fix this problem was by changing the graphics card from a GTX680 to a GTX980. The...
If you are a HDMI + audio over HDMI / AVR user then this thread can be a bit depressing for you. Now you are warned :) I recently...
Replies
Views
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with my Sound Blaster Z Dolby Digital Live failure but that got mostly fixed since TH2. Only running 4 PCs with Windows 10 now and I'm mostly a happy customer :) One annoyance I've had on my HTPC since TH2 I...
I upgraded mid august my HTPC following a catastrophic system hard drive failure of my Windows 7 installation. I've had issues with...
I just installed the new 1511 Win 10 upgrade and ran into a series of issues: All privacy settings are lost and reset to maxi!um...
Replies
Views
Since Windows 10 TH2 upgrade from November 2016 my desktop icons reorganized themselves whenever I turned my HDMI TV off and back on. For a long time I could not figure how to fix that problem, I even had a Microsoft tech support looking at it for a few hours without being able to fix it either. Due to the various side effects each...
Since Windows 10 TH2 upgrade from November 2016 my desktop icons reorganized themselves whenever I turned my HDMI TV off and back...
Since Windows 10 TH2 upgrade from November 2016 my desktop icons reorganized themselves whenever I turned my HDMI TV off and back...
Replies
Views
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and never changed by TV Server after that. Of course you can manually change it at any time, but most people don't. Personally I don't understand why this file would be any harder to remember than the other 2...
Yes. It is your configuration. You can set it to be whatever you like. :) No. As above. The file is created at install time and...
Hey Guys, For years I have never had MediaPortal TV server work over VPN. I never dedicated too much time to it, and just used...
Replies
Views
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I have not extensively tested this. It simply was there each time the PC woke up again. But the other setting(s) are certainly interesting. I was not aware that ther was a general way of deactivating energy...
Funny coincidence. I did this some three days ago and since then the receiver keeps staying operational after resume. However, I...
Tagging: @azzuro , @RicoHTPC , @Brudertac Hello community, Problem: The USB IR receiver is not functioning anymore after the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning I woke up one of the clients and found the MePo homescreen to be frozen, showing the time of yesterday evening when I had switched off TV. The PC itself was still reactive, i.e. taskbar etc. functioning...
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning...
Hi, I ran into something really weird this morning. I am running a WSE 2012 domain with a couple of domain members. This morning...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble when resuming from standby on two machines. The PCs are waking up, i.e. the power LED lights, but the monitor is staying black and the PC is unresponsive. I then need to reset the PC to get it working...
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble...
Hello, I've recently successfully upgraded five PC from Win 7/ 8.1 to Win 10. Unfortunately I am now experiencing serious trouble...
Replies
Views
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru dual ports fiber channel. Server runs real good. Installed and messing with Hyper-V. Have 2 virtual Win 7 machines so far. 1 for testing 1 for my web server. I am about 3 months into the build /...
I am right in the middle of building my 1012 R2 server. 6 core 3.3mhz 16G ram 500G Sata Drive NEC D1-10 12T Raid connected thru...
Hello, I am running Windows Server 2012 Essentials on my main server machine. After migrating a couple of clients to Windows 10 in...
Replies
Views
I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst version 14.9 It sometimes mutes for 1-2 seconds and than it works. Anybody can help both of us?
I got exactly the same problem. Also fresh Windows 8.1 Pro with MP 1.11 (Pre 11 Version) AMD Board (details in my specs) Catalyst...
After i install Windows 8.1 Pro i have problems with my HDMI Sound. Its mute for the first 1-2 Seconds and works after this first...
Replies
Views
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-DuoFlex-S2-Extension extension for my http://www.dvbshop.net/Digital-Devices-Cine-C/T/T2-V7-Dual-DVB-C/DVB-T/T2-PCIe
unfortunately not, i never managed to passthrough the card. I ended up buying...
Hi, i have a problem with esxi and tvcard passthroughing. When i put in the tvcard esxi doesnt see the card, not in console or in...
Replies
Views
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am trying to get Proppage.dll somewhere but I am not sure which to get that now. I am going to try Filmerit to check if I got some codec conflicts. Also I am not sure if I need to try an older CCC because from...
Btw I am trying some stuff on that stuttering_Playback 'wiki' post. But a lot of links there are really old. For instance I am...
Hello guys ! I recently bought a silent Sapphire HD6450 graphics card to replace my ASUS 490GT with fan. But it now has some...
Replies
Views
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it might be worth considering Windows 8 - I have only ever used Windows 7. Is there any point/benefit in choosing Windows 8?
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it...
I am just in the process of building a new MP Client for my main TV. I need a new copy of Windows and was wondering whether it...
Replies
Views
Everything works fine! Tried clean installation of MP 1.3, copied all the database & thumbs and finally update to MP 1.6. Also I followed same approach with JMM server & myanime 3 plugin, and it works great. Thank you very much for your support.
Everything works fine! Tried clean installation of MP 1.3, copied all the database & thumbs and finally update to MP 1.6. Also I...
I'm not sure if this is the right area to be posting this. But I need some help. My motherboard died on my HTPC. So I took...
Replies
Views
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8 http://blogs.windows.com/windows/b/windowsexperience/archive/2014/03/03/new-windows-xp-data-transfer-tool-and-end-of-support-notifications.aspx
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8...
Microsoft want publish a tool for help to upgrade Windows XP OS to WIN7 or Win8...
Replies
Views
Just a quick question: using latest W8.1 and MP1.6, is it already working to boot directly into MP and bypass Metro and have to wait additional startup time? Is it working as it is basically as with W7? Thanks!
Just a quick question: using latest W8.1 and MP1.6, is it already working to boot directly into MP and bypass Metro and have to...
Is there a way to get rid of the delay at the desktop in Windows 8 with auto start enabled in MP 1.3? I don't have TV server...
Replies
Views
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you have to enable wakeup on pci(e) in bios to get it working...
Nevertheless it is an old thread and the proplem is already solved, but probably someone other has the same scenario. I think you...
Hi everyone! This Problem is the last one i have to fix for getting a 100% WAF :) - I am using MediaPortal 1.2.2 incl. TVServer...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom