3d setup what do i need? (1 Viewer)

RSykes

Portal Pro
November 20, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I currently use media portal and looking at going to 3d but wanted a list of changes to my PC will need play 3d movies. My current PC spec is below and I still have to choose a 3d TV and will probably also get a 3d bluray drive.

PC Spec:
AMD Phenom II X6 @2.6ghz
8gb ram
ATI Radon HD5750 1gb
6TB Total HD Space

Thanks Robert

pur_berger

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 14, 2007
    Vienna
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Depends what you are trying to do - if you only want to play 3d mkv's (which ar simply videos with sidebyside pictures) you can leave it as i is. The 3d conversion is done by the TV. If you are going to play a 3D movie from Bluray you need HDMI 1.4 capable card (I use a Radeon 6570). But keep in mind that 3D is not supported by MP at the moment from BluRay (in terms of codec) so for this you would need to use a diffeent player (like powerdvd) - ah - yes - i think if you are looking for 3D sat transmission your receiver needs to have HDMI 1.4 too to work

Last edited:

RSykes

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Any suggestions on a good bluray drive that will play 3d as not all say if they do or don't.

Depends what you are trying to do - if you only want to play 3d mkv's (which ar simply videos with sidebyside pictures) you can leave it as i is. The 3d conversion is done by the TV. If you are going to play a 3D movie from Bluray you need HDMI 1.4 capable card (I use a Radeon 6570). But keep in mind that 3D is not supported by MP at the moment from BluRay (in terms of codec) so for this you would need to use a diffeent player (like powerdvd) - ah - yes - i think if you are looking for 3D sat transmission your receiver needs to have HDMI 1.4 too to work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom