3rd remote and still trying Hama and Speedlink are not compatible

Discussion in 'Input/Output Interfaces' started by ugg, November 13, 2009.

1. ugg
    • Premium Supporter

ugg MP Donator

Ratings:
    +3 / 0
    Home Country:
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    This is really giving me grief.....

I have 2 original MCE remotes with the 4 coloured buttons works 100%. But I have 5 clients

I cannot get them anymore so I have bought 2 Speedlinks SL6399. These are not compatible with MP but works fine in MCE... but with the keyboard plugin they are 99% useable so still not there yet

Next I bought a Hama MCE remote looks like this

Media Centre Remote Control

Quite nice as it has a mouse function but alas it is not compatible with MP but works fine in MCE and Win 7. But now my new PC is Win 7 and the keyboard plugin no longer works..

What can I buy that is similar to my original Microsoft MCE remote, the coloured buttons I use all the time for return to full screen function and aspect ratio changes.

None of the clients have a need for a harmony but I am reluctant to buy one as I do not trust the harmony to work with the Speedlink or Hama IR recievers as my MS remotes do not and that is what is is going to have to emulate.

I just want soemthing that has the MS functionality and works straight out of the box.:confused:

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!