5 Sec. Audio Drop on Video Playback (Onkyo HT-S3300b) (1 Viewer)

quixote23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 12, 2008
    Vancouver
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I set up a new Onyko HT-S3300b AVR over the weekend and so far everything appears to be working great, except that I have this one minor irritation that I can't seem to find a solution to.

When I play any video file (.MKV, .AVI) the audio doesn't start playing for about 5 seconds into the video. Note that once it does start to play, it's not out of sync, I'm not getting any jutters, and I can skip forward and backward without the audio dropping out again - but it's irritating that I consistently can't get that first 5 seconds of audio.

Originally I had this set up to output PCM via DirectSound over an HDMI cable, but I've now set up bitstreaming per the instructions here: http://www.gollyjer.com/2011/02/quick-guide-how-to-bitstream-audio-in.html. The problem persists in both modes. After the delay, the sound fades in fairly quickly.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with the accursed HDCP handshake I've heard about, and if so, what I can do about it.

EDIT: Oh, and the HDMI is going through my video card, a Radeon 6870, for clarification.

EDIT #2: It turns out it does this on seek as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom