5 years of Mediaportal Bugs, now moved to windows media centre (1 Viewer)

synthdood

Portal Pro
March 9, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have a two seat MP setup. Both machines are dedicated HTPC boxes so I don't use them for anything else. They boot straight into MP and automatically sleep/hibernate. They always work! If anything goes wrong it is nearly always my own fault. I've had my share of instability issues in the past but ever since I run 1.2(alpha!) on Win7 things have been very stable indeed.

I love MP!

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    The latest versions of Mediaportal are really stable.. No discussion possible about that..

The point is for some people, that they are using some plugins that are not really stable, and with that fact, whole mediaportal isn't stable..

that's not the fault of Mediaportal itself..

I have a really stable system for a while, and believe me, I have a lot of plugins, a highly tweaked skin, and i have a lot of features enabled..

So I'm really sory to hear that some people have some problems. It's hard to say, but I think that those people are doing something wrong. :sorry:

When you have a problem, it is highly advisable to report your problem in the right section on the forum. In almost every case, the team, or other members van help you to solve your problem.

If you want to compare MCE with Mediaportal, you have to disable allmost every feature of Mediaportal. (and even than Mediaportal has more features). I know for shure that MCE is not more stable than MP..

benogil

Portal Member
    January 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    A point, MP is now stable, as the above post states ( with conditions ), a major point in it's favor is the WAF. Too bad there is not a rating scale for MP vs. MCE vs. XBMC vs. MythTV. for WAF.

Bernard

Portal Pro
    March 5, 2012
    Centurion
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    I just want to add my vote for MP, I'm using it for ONLY movies and series using the TV-Series and Moving Pictures plugins and have not had any problems. I'm just waiting for ReactOS to get to a usable state, and then I'm going to switch to the lightweight ReactOS and MP2 that look soooo promising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom