[NVIDIA] 9600gt & 1080i (1 Viewer)

Kiwi

Portal Pro
September 21, 2006
Pukerua Bay
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi
Ive recently upgraded to a full hd lcd TV. Since the upgrade, i get an occasional stutter when watching HD tv which is 1080i. The stutter is not apparent with 1080p source material.

Im wondering if my 9600gt 512Mb was borderline prior to changing TV and this has tipped it over the edge.

Any thoughts & comments on this.
Thanks

mm1352000

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Country flag
    Hi Kiwi

I would have thought the 9600GT could handle it. What codecs are you using? Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration or reducing the output resolution?

mm

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for suggestions.
    I had been using saf6 (pvdv11) codec & changed back to saf5 (pdvd10) to see if any difference, which there wasnt. Have just turned off dxva and seems good so far.:) in googling 9600gt, i saw they all used additional power, yet my asus en9600gt/di/512md3 does not. I wonder if its a low spec version?

Also trying LavCuvid to see how this goes.

Thanks again

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Now would have thought a 9600gt would have separate power connector, my daughters 7600gt has, 9500gt and below normally do not need this, so wondering if underclocked by manufacturer.

Kiwi

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2006
    Pukerua Bay
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thats what Im thinking also, Ive got a downspec version of the 9600GT
    One thing I find hard to find out is how NVIDIA treats de-interlacing, as there are no options like you seem to have with CCC. Does it automatically determine de-interlacing method based on the capabilities of the card?
    Where Im heading, is if I buy an newer and more powerful card, will I get better options for de-interlacing etc? Something like a 550 Ti (which I imagine would be complete overkill....)
    Thanks

Owlsroost

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Country flag
    Thats what Im thinking also, Ive got a downspec version of the 9600GT
    One thing I find hard to find out is how NVIDIA treats de-interlacing, as there are no options like you seem to have with CCC. Does it automatically determine de-interlacing method based on the capabilities of the card?
    Where Im heading, is if I buy an newer and more powerful card, will I get better options for de-interlacing etc? Something like a 550 Ti (which I imagine would be complete overkill....)
    Thanks

You don't get any more de-interlacing control with the higher end nVidia cards i.e. no control at all....:(

A GT430 is good compromise of performance/cost/heat for HTPC use.

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread