96khz/24bit flac using ASIO4ALL = playing in fast forward (1 Viewer)

gnavox

Portal Member
May 13, 2009
Hi,

I am trying to play a 96khz/24bit sound file (.flac) in MediaPortal using ASIO4ALL via the build in Bass Player/Engine. I know that my soundcard S/PDIF supports 96khz/24bit and so should ASIO4ALL.

My problem is that MediaPortal plays the file in constant fast forward (double speed or so) and I have no idea why. Ofcourse it makes the music sound awful. I can confirm this by looking at the clock in the GUI, which displays the time left of the track.

Any ideas of what could be wrong?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    no idea and i have currently big problems with ASIO4ALl on my notebook. it crashes immediately, the whole NB goes power off, when trying to playback files. So i can't run any asio related tests.

try the PureAudio plugin, which was developed by Symphy, one of our devs. You'll find it in the download section.

gnavox

Portal Member
    May 13, 2009
    I tried that plugin, but it "graps" all videos with an .mp4 extension and tries to play them as audio files. I have spend weeks converting whole TV series on DVD to .mp4 with hardcoded subtitles, so that's not an option for me.. :)

I just tried playback without ASIO4ALL and can confirm that there is no automatic fast-forward/fast-play without ASIO4ALL, so the problem is perhaps ASIO4ALL or bad integration of ASIO4ALL into the Bass Player. The problem only exists with 24bit 96khz audio. 16 bit 44.1khz music plays back fine using ASIO4ALL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom