A bit baffled with ATI Wonder opencard tuner USB (1 Viewer)

hocky

February 26, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I have 3 of these USB tuners working with WMC. All is well but I cannot stand the WMC interface much anymore.
The name of my tuner is ATI Wonder External (black box with tuner card slot but I dont use it). The Win10 OS recognizes it as ATI Wonder opencard tuner USB.

I wanted to try MediaPortal 2 for support with portable devices as well like ipad/iphone/kodi. It all works now with ServerWMC.
So the baffling question is I read that if the tuners work in WMC, its likely to work in MP2. But under the TV Server, I don't see them recognized.
Is there a way to enable them under MP2?

I've tried both Win7 and Win10. While the Win7 install is on top of WMC I know that the services may block the tuners from MP2 so I tried to stop WMC and all services but it won't see it. On Win10, its a clean install and I see the OS install drivers and it appears under network devices as a opencard tuner. What does this mean anyway? In anycase that still doesn't allow MP2 to see the tuners.

I see ATI Wonders but prob PCI based working for folks. Am I out of luck because its USB based?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom