A Call For Beta Testers (1 Viewer)

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    As you are all aware I have been hard at work on the new My Netflix 2.0 version. I have had several 're-starts' on the plugin due to changes with the Netlix API as well as numerious other reasons. Unfortunately I have scrapped more code than used, but I have finally come up with a great new model.

As I outlined in another thread I have created a website myReelTalk.com that allows Netflix users to share experience with other movie lovers on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. Although social networking is a part of the site, it is not necessary and you will find many of the same features on the site as you will in the plugin. This website uses a development model that can be replicated directly to the My Netflix 2.0 plugin with little or no modifications. This is a quick rundonw of some of the features on the site:

• Maintain your Netflix Instant Queue - Add, Remove Movies. Play movies directly from your Queue.
    • Maintain Favorites Lists - Favorite Movies & Actors
    • Maintain a Watch List - Instant, DVD or Bluray
    • See your Facebook Friends - Only if they too have registered on the site
    • See your Friend favorite movies and actors (individual)
    • View ratings from your friends (individual)
    • View top rated & favorite movie lists from your friends (collective)
    • Post information to your favorite social networking channel - Facebook, Twitter or Google+
    • See Release Information - In Theaters, New & upcoming on DVD & Bluray, New on Instant (Only if you are logged in)
    • Add alerts to be notified when a movie in your Watch List becomes available
    • Add alerts to be notified when a favorite actor is in an upcoming release
    • On and on....

Many of these features will also be available in the new 2.0 plugin and will pull from/use the same database. Since everything is local to one database the plugin will be MUCH faster than in the current state.

ALL this to say, I need some Beta testers for the web site. Some that will use the social networking and/or others that dont. I have already pinged a few of the Beta testers that signed up before, but I would like to get a larger group involved. If you are interested please PM me and I will send you the URL to the registration page (currently the registration button is disabled.) All those that are in the website Beta will automatically be included in the plugin Beta when it comes available (hopefully by the end of the month.)

Thanks again for all the support!
    Wile E.

bornslippy

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2008
    Home Country
    I am up for it. I use google+ every day from my phone or pc, not too much on my tablet. Just let me know. Yes I am a computer junkie since I work at a Large University's Data Center and just watch servers all damn day, got to keep me going some how.

WileECoyote

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 14, 2008
    Cary, NC
    Home Country
    Update....

Okay guys, the website is VERY close to production and I am moving forward with the 2.0 development. The cool thing about the site is it will be the backbone for the plugin, so 75% of the new development is done! Now I am working on the hooks for the plugin to the website and will be asking for some feedback once people get a chance to get in and feel out what is available on the website.

Open registration is now enabled, so anyone can now register on the site. Go to myReelTalk and click on the Login/Register button in the upper right corner of the page. Registration is quick and easy, and dont forget to register your Netflix and/or Facebook & twitter accounts. Again, registration on the site is NOT required to use the plugin, but hopfully will make it a little more fun :)

Please post back if you have any questions/issues...

Thanks!
    Wile E.

reven

Portal Member
    July 12, 2005
    im keen to beta test, i wrote a netflix addon for xbmc, but thinking about switching to mediaportal as my main interface, so needing a good netflix plugin :)

orangeghost

February 15, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Will this work for UK netflix, No matter what I try or whatever skin I use it just doesnt seem to display correctly or load netflix at all.
    I'm Using MP 1.2.
    I would be more than happy to beta test this in the Uk if you need the feedback.

Either way, keep up the good work!!!

AnelSonic

October 7, 2011
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Thumbs up! orangeghost
    I'll tried to get the beta version working for Ireland, seems not to be working at all.
    U cant even search or click through genres or similar, every movie you want to watch in case its the same ID as on the US site needs to be added manually on this myreeltalk.com website

I tried adding some movies, via browser in myreeltalk > swapped th MP1.2 tried to start them > no go > you'll get a IE site shown up with error.
    The whole plugin seems to be a simple HTML interface, doesnt even support direct streaming. Whats the need of this?

So I decided to use Netflix directly in the browser .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom