A Couple of {On-going} Issues Within Various MP Versions (1 Viewer)

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MovPics use own MediaInfo package, TVSeries use own MediaInfo wrapper...
    If that's the case, then how does overwriting the MediaInfo file, inside 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' affect both Moving Pictures, & MPTVSeries plugins, and hence, play load-times?:confused:?

What do others use to watch both movies & TVseries, within Mediaportal? These 2 plugins are all I have ever used.

Finally, what's the difference between a wrapper, & a package? And where are they located. Cheers.

1gkar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 1, 2007
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    WEEEE PERFECT!!! loads in 1 second, any file i try to play, no more waiting 55 seconds..
    thanks a lot, im going to use this one from now one, new one is just crap haha

Glad it worked for you. This had been an issue, for me, for years. About 6 years ago, I experimented with the various versions. If you check the Mediainfo files properties', you will see it was modified in 2010. I tried the versions just after this, & found ver.0.7.26 to be the last that had good load-times.

And, everytime I update Mediaportal, I am forced to change the Mediainfo file:censored:

As an aside, what do you use for your {}iGPU? Is it Intel?

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    MP install with own Mediainfo wrapper and Mediainfo library, MovPics install with own Mediainfo wrapper and Mediainfo library (overwrite or not i don't know) TVSeries instal with own Mediainfo library (overwrite or not i don't know)...
    MP and MovPics use Mediainfo wrapper and similar algorithm, TVSeries use own Mediainfo wrapper...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    TVSeries have own Mediainfo wrapper and own procedures for determining mediainfo...

-- Tapatalk | WBR, ajs

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello guy's
    please can you try in this order :
    - try to use official mediainfo tool : https://mediaarea.net/download/bina...fo_GUI_20.08_Windows_i386_WithoutInstaller.7z
    unzip and open
    1598280137899.png

how many times for opening ? if fast please test next stuff.

2. (do backup of your db and thumbs folder first)
    • remove the DB entry for the video with issue (from configuration video database tab)
    • disable autocreate thumbs for videos and clear thumbs
    1598279838467.png

- start MP and try to play the file who take long times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom