A few issues with tv server (1 Viewer)

alon

Portal Member
December 7, 2008
Home Country
Had MP installed and running now for about a week.
Overall I am very impressed, thanks to all the ones involved !!!
And now...
Tv and video watching isn't perfect yet.
It seems like when ever Tv is on I loose the ability to move back a page, or minimize MP using the keyboard or the mouse (haven't yet set up the remote) .
Also, sometimes when turning Tv on, I get an error message saying "Can not start Time shifting, no signal".
I am running Media Portal on P4 window Xp, and have installed the DvBFix on C/: as instructed.
Any Ideas?

A bit of a mystery to me but with the intellectual caliber of this forum we will soon see to that (won't we ?).
Thanks.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    Hi alon,

That sounds very strange about the keyboard losing control.
    Hopefully someone else has had something similar and can give their feedback.

The best I can do is offer a few suggestions:

1- post some system details. Most importantly is the codecs that you are using for tv and also what TV card you are using, but to be safe, fill in the entire support template. You never know. Check the log files for any details as well. Close MP, Open MP, start TV and then verify control is lost.
    Then end MP and look in the mediaportal.log file (there's a shortcut in the Mediaportal program group entry). Zip and post all log files here if you don't see anything obvious yourself. I don't think it's possible to minimise full screen video (if you mean, hide the application in Windows), but you should be able to move back a page.

2- Again, same details as in 1, but make sure you get the error message first. It's possible you may live in a marginal signal area and sometimes it can't get a lock. There may also be something else. If you go in via the TV Server control panel, you should be able to see a signal level. You can also use the preview function in there and see if the error message is there too.

Cheers,
    Marcus.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    It seems like when ever Tv is on I loose the ability to move back a page, or minimize MP using the keyboard or the mouse (haven't yet set up the remote) .
    If you are saying that you can not minimize MP when Full screen TV is on then this is how it works. Full screen TV will take over the whoe screen and you can not minimze it as it is not running in windowed mode. If you want to do this you can run MP in windowed mode but you will get the edges of the window so IMHO does not look as nice

Also, sometimes when turning Tv on, I get an error message saying "Can not start Time shifting, no signal".
    Normally when I get this it is because signal strength is not good enough. For some reason the ariel in my block of flats does not work quite right and at night and in bad weather I can not pickup a few channels at all. Are you sure you have a decent signal into the TV card for all channels?

alon

Portal Member
    December 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Signal strength is very good, however I worked out the reason (I think...), the no signal message appear after a crash of sort, and a reboot fixes the problem.
    While I'm at it, if anyone can explain in beginners language how to program my Media Center (Compro Rc6,:oops: T750F Tuner card) remote control, I promise to make a donation which will lift the world economy out of this romantic depression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom